This chapter contains the standard information of this class pertaining to scheduling and class contents. The General Information should be sufficient to create a proper class topic for scheduling on the Eve University forum. Additional information relevant to the teacher is listed under Notes for the Teacher.
Illustration link for class description on the Eve University forum: http://xxx.jpg
This class describes how to succeed in Incursions - what they are, how they work, and how you can profit by them.
- Duration: 60 minutes [and an additional 60 minutes/hours for the optional practical exercise]
- Location: Docked up safely in a station. Note the fleet for the practical will form in Aldrat and will then travel to the Incursion site.
- What are Incursions?
- How to participate in Incursions
- How to fit your ship for Incursions
[* Practical exercise]
- Mumble registration and access - make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this guide for set-up: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Mumble
- Access to the Class.E-UNI in-game chat channel
[* A suitable ship for the optional practical exercise. Fits on this site recommended: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Incursion_Fitting:_Vanguard]
Additional information: This class is primarily lecture delivered in the Class.E-UNI channel in Mumble, followed by Q&A. [An optional practical exercise follows.]
Notes for the Teacher
- Class.E-UNI chat channel, to receive questions and post relevant links
- Incursion-related resources on the UNIWiki: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Category:Incursion
Welcome to this class on Incursions!
Over the 60 minutes or so, we shall cover what Incursions are, and how you can participate in them successfully.
(Instructor should then introduce himself or herself - covering relevant experience level and background.)
We have a few ground rules for this class:
- Please put your Mumble settings on "Push to Talk" if you have not already done so.
- Feel free to type any questions in the Class.E-UNI chat channel as we proceed - I will try to answer your questions as they come during the class. [At the end of my lecture, we'll open Mumble for any further questions or general discussion.]
- You should be [docked up safely in a station [in Aldrat if you intend to participate in the practical exercise], or located....]
Everyone ready? OK, then - let's begin....
What are Incursions?
- Actually: High level PvE that require teamwork (Make sure they respect the difficulty, some fear is not bad considering how dangerous these sites are)
- Unlike L4s, can't be soloed. Because...
- Sansha deal high levels of Omni damage and are all omni tanked. ALso all are fast with AB and MWD
- Smart AI - Change targets, use EWAR, Change orbit distance and speed.
- We fight them by: Use specialized roles (DD, Sniper, Logi, OGB) and coordinated fleets.
- So Incursions are not content you can just start doing. They usually require 2-3 months of training to be in a ship that is safe. You usually need another 2-3 months to be a member that can contribute a lot.
(Lets Open our journals)
- Incursion Cycle:
- different stages: established, mobilizing and withdrawing
- The penalties: No Cynos, 1/2 Bounties, DPS and Resist reduction (These last 2 vanish)
- Shasha take over the constellation and replace belt rats, Gate camp in Low and Null
- Killing the MOM
- lots of ISK, based on the number of people
- LP after the mom dies
- no bounties or loot, except for the MOM
- Different types:
- Scout 1-5 (Can be soloed)
- Vanguard ~10 (Need 2-3 Logi)
- Assault ~20 (Need 4+ Logi and 5+ Snipers)
- Headquarters ~40
- Mothership 60-80
- All the sites are essentially the same. 3-4 Waves/pockets where you need to kill essentially everything. Some have other objectives like dropping Lyavite or Hacking the Tower. Most spawns start ~60km or more away and MWD almost straight in.
How to participate in Incursions
- What fleets are looking for & UNI Resources
- Fleets need about 80% DD and 20% Logi.
- DD is T2 Tanked BC or BS for T1
- Some T2 cruisers work for DD (or support)
- Logi are the T2 logi ships
- Pilots also need:
- Mumble (Mic prefered, especially for FC, Logi and cap buddies)
- UNI standard overview (PvP Travel, tags, velocity)
- no auto lockback
- alarms at .9
- drones set to passive
- Learn about broadcasts
- Need to be in system to x up, with appropriate ship. Always link fit when xing up, like: X DD (My DD)
- (Though when not at war WL can x up out of system with #j)
- 4 types of ships
- DD - kills things
- Sniper - >150km range only for Assaults+
- Logi - prevents DD from dying
- OGB - Makes everyone better (usually an Alt)
- Special roles:
- FC - Calls the shots
- Anchor - First in, Huge tank
- DB - Controls the drones for small ships. Usually a gun BC
- Tagger - Puts up numbers
- Wait till called, then join fleet
- Align down gate, FC: Ls and Anchor, enter site on FC command, kill things, BROADCAST for reps
- UNI Resources
- WSOP vs no war (UNI only vs. OOC)
- The UNI has 3 locations for Incursion info: (Add these!)
- Incursions.E-uni in game chat (Xing up for fleets)
- Incursions.E-Uni mailing list (Current UNI focus, and some fleet times)
- Incursions Jabber (Out of game notice a fleet is forming)
- TVP & others when not at war.
- (Safe travel when at war)
- (Skip this takes too much time) Vanguard Specifics:
- Kill order:
- Niarja Myelen (Jammer) - DB & DD
- Sansha's Nation Commander (Very high DPS) - DB & DD
- Tama Cerebellum (High DPS frigate, Scrams, Webs) - DB & DD
- Auga Hypophysis (High DPS Cruiser, low tank, Scrams) - DD
- Romi Thalamus (High DPS Cruiser, high tank) - DD
- Deltole Tegmentum (High DPS Battleship, high tank, Neuts, TPs) - DD
- Mara Paleo (Annoying Cruiser, Frigate Sig, Logistic ship, 60km+ orbit) - DD
- Schmaeel Medulla (Scrams) - DB
- Renyn Meten (Webs) - DB
- Eystur Rhomben - DB
- Nation Commander Outpost - Easy site, just kill Niarja's and Commanders ASAP
- Nation Mining Colony - A bit harder, can get 6 Romi + Tama spawn, Requires 255 Lyavite
- Override Transfer Array - Hardest (Going to be nerfed), Lots of Tama's and Niarja's, has a tower that heals, need a MWD hacker to reach the tower.
- Kill order:
How to fit and fly your ship for Incursions
Skill outline: http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=56282
- Safety & Efficiency, Skills, Logi & Huginn
- T2 Tanked BC or BS
- All resists >70% for tank type
- Tank buffer around 10k or better for BS
- Capacitor >10min
- Cap Stable when running all mid and low slot modules
- Almost Requirements:
- T2 Weapon Upgrades (Weapon Upgrades IV)
- No Fitting Modules or Fitting Rigs (Electronics V & Engineering V)
- Drones V (Scout Drones V & Gallente Specialization I+ for Hob IIs prefered)
- Full targets (Multitasking III)
- Fast lock (Signature Analysis IV BC, V BS)
- Federation Navy Stasis Webifier (Yes it deserves its own spot)
- Talk about shield VS Armor and what the standard tanks look like.
- Talk about all the BCs
- Drakes Need range
- Talk about all the BSs
- Advanced Options:
- Logi - must have to live
- Faction & Pirate BS
- Hugiin - Web master, also liked in PvP, see UNI program: http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=51827
- Other T2 Cruisers, BCs, and BSs
- Thanks for attending this class!
- I would appreciate any feedback from people on how to improve the class
- Questions ?
[* Practical exercise: ....]