This chapter contains the standard information of this class pertaining to scheduling and class contents. The General Information should be sufficient to create a proper class topic for scheduling on the Eve University forum. Additional information relevant to the teacher is listed under Notes for the Teacher.
This class is the practical application extension of the Invention 101 class. During this class we will actually be installing and delivering Invention jobs. Once you've completed this class, you should be able to have a complete understanding of and complete any task involving Invention.
- Duration: XX minutes
- Location: Docked up at a suitable station (teacher will cover this)
- Issuing Materials
- Installing Jobs
- Delivering Jobs
- Mumble registration and access - make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this guide for set-up.
- Access to the Class.E-UNI in-game chat channel
Additional information: This class is delivered as a real time guided practical application of the invention process from beginning to end. Each student will install and deliver one invention job at a public labratory. The instructor should give a fair amount of time for students to complete each step and ensure everyone is ready before continuting to the next step.
Notes for the Teacher
Make sure that the students have all the components they need to setup the invention job, and are in a station with enough free invention slots (most public in empire should be).
Welcome to Invention 102, the practical for Invention 101
Over the next 120 minutes or so, we shall cover how to start an invention job as you follow along.
(Instructor should then introduce himself or herself - covering relevant experience level and background.)
We have a few ground rules for this class:
- Please put your Mumble settings on "Push to Talk" if you have not already done so.
- Feel free to type any questions in the Class.E-UNI chat channel as we proceed - I will try to answer your questions as they come during the class. [At the end of my lecture, we'll open Mumble for any further questions or general discussion.]
- You should be docked up safely in a station
Everyone ready? OK, then - let's begin....
- Tech 1 BPC
- The invention job requires a tech 1 blueprint copy (not original)
- The ME and PE levels of the T1 BPC have no effect on the output
- The base chance of the job being successful is determined by the items type (ammo is highest, bigger ships are lowest)
- Tech 1 Item (optional)
- Can improve the chance of the job
- Item not returned
- Required for the invention job
- Has no effect on the output
- Data Interface
- Required for the invention job
- Has no effect on output
- Decryptor (optional)
- Drastically changes the output chance and stats
- Can add runs to the output, or change the ME or PE level, as well as affect the chance of success
- Output Type
- If a blueprint can be invented into more than 1 thing (such as most ships), then you need to select which one you would like
- Invention Installation
- Make sure you have everything you need at a station with (free) invention slots, and that you have access to those
- Corp and alliance POSes are GREAT for invention, including a time bonus and a distinct lack of being filled up
Installing the Job
- Make sure set up is completed and you have what you need, where you need it
- Right click on the BPC and choose Invention
- Select the input and output location and the assembly line. Also make sure to put in your decryptor if you are using one, and the t1 item if you are using one
- Start the job
- Wait about 1 day for it to complete, and hope that you didn't just waste all that isk to lose the BPC
- Thanks for attending this class!
- I would appreciate any feedback from people on how to improve the class
- Questions ?