Welcome to the Uniwiki To Do List. If you would like to start contributing to the Uniwiki this is a good place to start. Feel free to pick anything from the list below. You do not need to be an EVE University member to start contributing to the Uniwiki. All you need is an EVE University forum account. You can get one of these by logging into the EVE University tool using CCP's "single sign on" (SSO). You will then be asked to enter an email address and to set a password. Your username for the Uniwiki will be your character name, and the password will be whatever password you set up during the process.
If you aren't comfortable making your own changes, feel free to either post in the Discussions tab of the page, or post your suggestions on our Wiki subforum.
These are minor changes that normally take very little time. They are good if you have limited time available for wiki editing.
- Spelling and grammar changes - As you are browsing the Uniwiki you may sometimes come across spelling and grammar errors. If you see these, please feel free to correct them.
- Flagging pages that need work - If you come across a page that needs some work, but you do not have the time or knowledge to do it yourself, use the relevant Template to flag the page as needing work. Give as much information as you can when you flag the page, so the person working on it knows what they should be doing.
- Broken Redirects - These are pages which are 'redirected' to a page which no longer exists. This is either because the page has been deleted or moved. Find a more appropriate place for the page to redirect to, or alternatively mark it for deletion if there is no relevant page for the redirect. It is good practice to check whether any other pages link to the deleted/moved page at the same time. To do this click on 'What links here' in the toolbox section of the left sidebar.
- Double Redirects - These are pages which redirect to one page, which then redirects to another. Edit the redirect for the first page to ensure it points to the eventual destination. It is also good practice to check whether there are any other pages that redirect or link to the middle page, and to correct the links on those also to point to the eventual destination.
These are changes that can often be done in one sitting.
- Candidates for Cleanup - These pages have been flagged as needing changes to grammar, organisation or readability. Typically they do not require a detailed knowledge of the subject area to fix, just a keen eye for language and formatting. When you are finished, don't forget to remove the Cleanup template.
- Candidates for Moving - These pages have been flagged to be moved. Review the page and if you agree that it should be moved, then move it using the drop down menu at the top right of the page, next to the search bar. Make sure you check 'What links here' and correct any links that are broken as a result of the move, and that you remove the Move template after moving the page.
- Pages with broken file links - These are pages which contain a link to a file (e.g. an image) that does not exist. this may be because the file has been deleted, or because it never existed. If the file is useful, then upload it using 'Upload fil' in the Toolbox section of the left sidebar. If the file is not useful, then remove the link from the page. It is good practice to check whether the same file is linked elsewhere and to remove the links on those pages also.
- Dead-end pages - These pages do not link to any other pages on the Uniwiki. Sometimes they are on a stand-alone subject, but often they reference other areas of the game which are described in other Uniwiki pages. Have a read through and link any relevant pages.
- Orphaned pages - These pages are not linked to from any other pages on the Uniwiki. Again sometimes there is a good reason for this, but often they provide useful information that is not being utilised. If you can think of other pages which these pages are relevant to, please edit those pages to include links to the orphaned page.
- Uncategorized pages - These are pages which are not currently within any of our Categories. If you can find a relevant category already then add the page to that category. If there is not an existing category, but there are several pages on the same theme, consider creating a new category for them.
- Unused Categories - These are categories which already exist, but have not pages within them. If there are relevant pages then add them to the category. If there are no relevant pages for that category, then flag the category for deletion.
- Unused Templates - These are templates which already exist, but are not used on any pages. If there are pages which could use the template, then add the template to the page. If there are no relevant pages to use that template, then flag the template for deletion.
- Wanted Categories - These are categories which have members, but do not yet exist. If the category is valid, create it and write a short summary. There may be other pages which would fit into the category now it exists. If the category is not valid, remove the category link from the member pages.
- Wanted Pages (correcting links) - These are pages which have been linked to from somewhere in the Uniwiki, but do not currently exist. They will show on the linking page as a broken link. Sometimes there is already an existing page which contains the information. If this is the case, then correct the link to point to the relevant existing page.
- Wanted Templates (correcting links) - These are templates which have been linked to from somewhere in the Uniwiki, but do not currently exist. Sometimes there is already an existing template which performs the same function. If this is the case, then correct the page to use the correct template.
These are changes which may take a lot of time. They are perfect for someone who wants a project to work on, and normally involve building something from scratch.
- Candidates for Merging - This is where two (or more) pages contain similar information, and they have been flagged for merging together. Either select the page with the most useful information, and merge information from the other page into it, or alternatively create a new page and merge the information from both pages together. Once you are finished, don't forget to remove the Merge template and redirect all pages to you finished page.
- Needing Updates - These pages have been flagged as needing an update due to game or policy changes. You will need to have a decent knowledge of the subject area to update them. Once you have updated the page, remember to remove the Update template.
- Stubs - These are pages which are either not yet completed, or are too short and need more information to be of use. Feel free to add to these pages to make them into a full page. Don't forget to removed the Stub template when you are finished.
- Work in Progress (working on the page) - These are pages which are flagged as presently being worked on by someone. If the subject is something you know about. perhaps you can work together on it. Remember to remove the Work in Progress template when the page is finished.
- Wanted Pages (building new pages) - These are pages which have been linked to from somewhere in the Uniwiki, but do not currently exist. If the subject is not already covered in sufficient detail on an existing page, and if you have knowledge on the subject area then build a new page on the subject.
- Wanted Templates (building new templates) - These are templates which have been linked to from somewhere in the Uniwiki, but do not currently exist. If the template would be useful for this and other pages, then build a new template.
Curator To Do list
These changes either need administrator permissions or are for the Wiki Staff to do.
- Review recent changes - Keep an eye on the Recent Changes page and review any significant changes to ensure they are useful and not vandalism. If you have any suggestions on pages people are working on, make them in the editor's Talk page.
- Candidates for Deletion - These are pages which have been marked as suitable for deletion. Review the pages, and see if there is any useful information to be salvaged from them. If not, then delete the page. Make sure that you check 'What links here' and correct/remove any links to the page to avoid broken links on other pages.
- Work in Progress (reviewing the flagged pages) - These are pages which are flagged as presently being worked on by someone. Keep these under review, and if they have not been worked on in a significant time, remove the Work in progress template, and if relevant add another template, such as Stub.