Polymer Reactor Array
- Main article: Player-owned starbases
To run polymer reactions you need a total of 5 structures:
- 1 Polymer Reactor Array
- 1 Normal Silo (to hold the mineral input)
- 2 Biochemical Silo (to hold the 2 fullerites inputs)
- 1 Hybrid Polymer Silo (to hold the polymer output)
These need to be anchored (requires Anchoring II) at a POS. They can only be anchored in 0.3 sec and below.
The total CPU and power needed for the above reaction is 1500CPU 125,000MW (Reactor) 250CPU 50,000MW (Polymer Silo) 500CPU 100,000MW (2 Biochem Silos) and 500CPU 50,000 MW for normal silo which in total is 2,750CPU and 325,000MW.
You will also need a Polymer Reaction Blueprint (these are available from the NPC market under Reactions > Polymer Reactions) for each reaction you intend to run.
Using C3-FTM Acid as an example, with a 24 hour batch run:
Starting with all structures anchored and empty:
- Place the C3-FTM Reaction in the Reactor and then online it.
- Set the type of the Normal Silo to Megacyte, place 1,920 units of Megacyte in the Silo, online it.
- Set the type of the first Biochemical Silo to Fullerite-C540, place 2,400 units of C50 in the Silo and online it.
- Set the type of the second Biochemical Silo to Fullerite-C84, place 2,400 units of C60 in the Silo and online it.
- Set the type of the Hybrid Polymer Silo to Fulleroferrocene and online it.
- Connect up the reaction using the control tower - manage screen on the processes production tabs:
- drag the Megacyte silo icon (right side) to the corresponding input of the reactor (left side)
- drag the C540 silo icon (right side) to the corresponding input of the reactor (left side)
- drag the C84 silo icon (right side) to the corresponding input of the reactor (left side)
- drag the output side of the reactor (ride side) to the hybrid silo icon (left side)
- click Apply on the manage screen.
- The reactor should now say starting up, after an hour this will change to active (also if you hover over the reactor it should say The reactor is correctly linked to other structures).
- The reaction will now run until one of the input silos is empty, at which point it will again say starting up.
If you are going to refill the silos, simply offline all silos, empty the output, refill the inputs and online again and the reactor will restart. If you intend to change the reaction, offline everything, click clear links, remove the reaction and empty all hangars and start again from the beginning of this section.
Onlining each structure takes 2 seconds; all silos must be within 3000m of the reactor.
The following lists the material requirements (and output quantities) for a 24 hour batch run.