| This page is specific to EVE University. Other corporations or groups in the game may operate differently.|
For a summary of EVE University's rules and code of conduct, see EVE University Rules.
| EVE University offers|
a class on:
VENITE PRO SOLITVDINE ♦ MANETE PRO SOCIETATE
"Come for the Solitude, stay for the company"
Project Solitude provides an isolated environment for EVE University students, without easy access to major trade hubs, where they require motivation and self-sufficiency to survive. Solitude thrives on versatility and making players instantly have an impact and feel like they are taking part. Due to our relative remoteness we all have to work together to maintain our community, we engage exploration, industry, mining, PvE and PvP; we have access to and regularly visit all levels of space (highsec, lowsec, null, daytriping in wh space). All of the structures that form our base of operations were built using community spirit and involvement at all levels.
Joining the Campus
Joining the Solitude Campus is as simple as joining the ingame Solitude (EVE Uni) chat channel. Here, you can ask any of the campus members questions about life in Solitude and how to get involved with the community. Similarly, join us on mumble and talk direct to our campus members. There are no official title requirements for joining Solitude, and you do not need to commit any specific amount of time to the campus. Come on over and pay us a visit.
We use the following EVE University services for communication:
- Ingame chat channel Solitude (EVE Uni) (need to be a current member of the Uni and have access the channel password thread).
- Ingame mailing list Solitude.E-Uni (current unistas can join freely, ex-unistas needs to ask the Campus Leadership for permission).
- The Mumble channel Solitude Campus under Special Projects & Events (need to be registered on the forum).
- Solitude Campus Slack (see this post for instructions on how to set it up).
- The Solitude Campus section on the forum.
Campus Manager: Exorcist Wraith (AUTZ)
Campus Assistant Manager: Fergus Echerie (EUTZ)
Admin Officer: Talman Drak (USTZ)
Campus FC: Yrgrasil - PVP, Structure Defense, Campus Doctrines (EUTZ)
- Andrew Nightshade - Mining Fleets (Ice) (USTZ)
- Dunbartian Wonderwood - Mining Fleets (Ore) (USTZ)
- Kai-Alon Deninard - PVE Fleets (USTZ)
Orientation Officer: Erwin Madelung - Campus Orientation (EUTZ)
Overview of the Solitude Region
Solitude is a smallish region consisting of only 43 systems under the sovereignty of the Gallente Federation. Wedged between Aridia and Syndicate, Solitude is made up of two general regions. To the west of the region is a low-sec area bordering both Syndicate and Aridia with the home of the Nullsec Campus (NSC) only a few jumps away. To the east is a high-sec pocket consisting of 17 systems with a second entrance to Syndicate. This pocket also contains the system of Boystin, home to the E-Uni regional HQ as well as the regional trade hub. A further high-sec pocket of 3 systems can be found to the north of the region.
Campus Headquarters: Boystin - Gravity Well (Fortizar)
Gravity Well is the Solitude Campus Fortizar Citadel, which is our campus headquarters and is located in Boystin. It has clone facilities and a market service. We encourage Uni members to sell items through Gravity Well as it has very low fees for Uni members and all fees go towards fuelling the citadel and campus projects. Gravity well also acts as a good location to base yourself for missions as there are several Federal Intelligence Office agents in the local area along with University hangers in the citadel to drop donations off or pick up required modules.
Event Horizon is the Solitude Campus Azbel Citadel, which is our campus manufacturing headquarters and is located in Boystin. It has manufacture and research facilites. We encourage Uni members to manufacture items in Event Horizon as it has very low fees for Uni members and all the rigs specific to manufacturing.
Accretion Disk is the Solitude Campus Tatara Refinery, which is our campus reprocessing facility and is located in Boystin. It has all the rigs required for reprocessing Ice/Ore/Moon materials and is also one of 6 Moon Mining facilities, see Moon Mining in Solitude
What it means to live in Solitude
Living in Solitude has certain advantages over the main high-sec Empire regions. Having said that, the confined nature of the area also has its challenges. Things to be considered before deciding whether to move or not are:
- Far from Slays, making war target encounters less likely.
- Easier to organize awareness of WTs in the region and their location.
- A smaller community, which means you'll regularly see and potentially fly with familiar faces.
- Significantly reduced cost for use of public research and manufacturing installations.
- Easier access to low-sec PI while still living in the relative safety of high-sec.
- Easier access to low-sec ores in sparsely populated systems.
- Quick access to NPC null-sec space for PvP excursions.
- Project stocked hangars.
- E-uni customs office.
- Limited availability of items on the local market.
- Higher prices for items that are available on the market.
- Shipping stuff in and out of the region can be a challenge.
- Flying to Solitude requires extended travel through low or null sec (low sec route is recommended).
- High-Sec-to-High-Sec wormholes make travel easier, but have an inconsistent and limited presence.
What can I do?
- Exploration - sharpen your scanning skills and run data & relic sites. Scanning down signatures and exploring sites is a big part of Solitude life.
- Mission - Solitude is a great place to run missions and participate in PVE fleets with experienced players. Visit the Missioning in Solitude page.
- Mine - plenty of belts and opportunities to mine solo or in a fleet. Organize and run your first mining fleet!
- PVP - be part of small gang PVP. Try solo PVP. FC a small roam.
- PI - Learn Planetary Interaction try it in High Sec and then expand into the nearby Low Sec and Null Sec areas for maximum profit.
- Industry - plenty of opportunity to build things. Take part in team efforts to build large capital ships. Learn research and invention with the advice of very experienced players. Visit the Industry in Solitude page for more details.
- Trade - Supply the trade hub of the region - our citadel Gravity Well - with goods. Sell and buy there!
- Socialize - you will meet the same people (unistas and others) again and again - talk to them! Fly with them!
- Field trips - just explore Low Sec and Null Sec, and learn about gate and station guns, how bubbles work, how to scout your way and practise how to evade a gate camp.
Programs Available in Solitude
There are a few programs available to Unistas in Solitude. Further details of these programs can be found in the Solitude Resource Thread V4
- The Solitude Coordinated Scanning Endeavor is a key resource to life in Solitude. The high-sec to high-sec wormholes located by this program allow for safe transport of goods and services into and out of Solitude. Additionally, by scanning and logging all of our signatures, we can quickly find and run rare sites as a group. The campus uses the Uni mapper to share and track scans of the neighbourhood. Please see the Mapper wiki link for more information. For a lesson or questions on how the sheet functions please ask in the Solitude.E-Uni chat channel.
- The Solitude Overwatch Standing Fleet is intended to be a permanent fleet of Unistas in Solitude who aren't otherwise attached to another fleet. It provides a means for impromptu organization of the various activities regularly undertaken by Solitude residents, a way to share bonuses, and a quick reaction force. Whilst not a requirement, as in other campuses, it is recommended that Solibros join Solitude Overwatch to connect players with similar play styles, and to provide a secure channel with which to share valuable intel. If you cannot find the fleet, feel free to create one. This action infers no FC responsibilities, you are merely the boss, responsible for invites and management of the fleet. The more eyes we have in the sky the safer everyone is.
Gravity Well Corp Hangars
- + Freshman Hangar +
- These cans are labelled as to their content and Solibros should feel free to take what they need from them. As a Newbro please don’t feel that you can’t/shouldn’t take items from these cans, this is what they are there for. We want you to use them! Please remember, however, that other students also use these containers, so please only take what will satisfy your immediate needs. All cans labelled 'Alpha' are accessible to those Unistas holding the Freshman title or higher. Layout as per standard Uni hangars EVE University Corporate Hangars
- + Solitude BPO Library +
- + Solitude Donations +
- Items deposited into this container are considered to be donated to Project Solitude and will become University property. Items in this container can only be retrieved by certain personnel. Once this container is processed, items are generally moved to Freshman or Sophomore hangars depending on the items.
How to get to Solitude
See Travel to Solitude.
Ok I'm interested, lets do this thing
Time to Pack your Bags and we will see you in space.
|Relevant pages:||Solitude 101 .::. Solitude Coordinated Scanning Endeavour .::. Solitude Alpha Hangar .::. Solitude Forums .::. Solitude BPO Library .::. Solitude Overwatch Standing Fleet .::. Travel to Solitude .::. Missioning in Solitude .::. Moon Mining in Solitude|
|Locations:||Solitude Campus HQ: Gravity Well - Boystin|