|This page's intent is to provide information on the the history of EVE University. The information on this page is no longer current.|
|EVE University offers|
a class on:
VENITE PRO SOLITVDINE ♦ MANETE PRO SOCIETATE
"Come for the Solitude, stay for the company"
Solitude Campus provides an isolated environment for EVE University students, without frequent war targets but at the same time without easy access to major trade hubs. You will require a level of motivation and self-sufficiency to survive. Solitude thrives on versatility and new players can instantly have an impact on the Campus and the area. Due to our relative remoteness we all have to work together to maintain our community, we engage in exploration, industry, mining, PvE and PvP; we have access to and regularly visit all levels of space (highsec, lowsec, null, daytriping in wh space).
Solitude Campus runs the local trade hub in our Fortizar - Gravity Well. We built it, we run it and we stock it. In fact all of our key structures that form our base of operations were 100% built by the Solitude Campus members (and visiting unistas) via mining fleets, PVE fleets, Planetary Interaction and donations, showing our community spirit and commitment. Come help us grow the Campus and the region, while learning from our friendly veterans.
Joining the Campus
Joining the Solitude Campus is as simple as joining the ingame Solitude (EVE Uni) chat channel. Here, you can ask any of the campus members questions about life in Solitude and how to get involved with the community. Similarly, join us on mumble and talk direct to our campus members. There are no official title requirements for joining Solitude, and you do not need to commit any specific amount of time to the campus. Come on over and pay us a visit.
We use the following EVE University services for communication:
- Ingame chat channel Solitude (EVE Uni) (need to be a current member of the Uni and have access to the channel password thread).
- Ingame mailing list Solitude.E-Uni (current unistas can join freely, ex-unistas needs to ask the Campus Leadership for permission).
- The Mumble channel Solitude Campus under Special Projects & Events (need to be registered on the forum).
- Solitude Campus on the E-Uni Discord server
- The Solitude Campus section on the forum.
On 31st December 2020 EVE University closed this campus and all its operations in the solitude region.
Overview of the Solitude Region
Solitude is a smallish region consisting of only 43 systems under the sovereignty of the Gallente Federation. Wedged between Aridia and Syndicate, Solitude is made up of two general regions. To the west of the region is a low-sec area bordering both Syndicate and Aridia with the home of the Nullsec Campus (NSC) only a few jumps away. To the east is a high-sec pocket consisting of 17 systems with a second entrance to Syndicate. This pocket also contains the system of Boystin, home to the E-Uni regional HQ as well as the regional trade hub. A further high-sec pocket of 3 systems can be found to the north of the region.
What it means to live in Solitude
Living in Solitude has certain advantages over the main high-sec Empire regions. Having said that, the confined nature of the area also has its challenges. Things to be considered before deciding whether to move or not are:
- Casual atmosphere, the general lack of war targets means we don't insist on players being in mumble and fleet normally.
- The largest campus BPO library, available to all members to make BPCs.
- Stocked Flight Deck and Main hangars, with a good range of beginner hulls, modules and rigs.
- A smaller community, which means you'll regularly see and potentially fly with familiar faces.
- Far from mainland high sec, making war target encounters a lot less likely.
- Easier to organize awareness of WTs in the region and their location (if you ever see one).
- Easier access to low-sec PI while still living in the relative safety of high-sec.
- Easier access to low-sec ores in sparsely populated systems.
- Quick access to NPC null-sec space for PvP excursions.
- Limited availability of some items on the local market.
- Potentially higher prices for items that are available on the market.
- Getting stuff to/from the large market hubs is slower or reliant on High-Sec-to-High-Sec wormholes being found.
- Flying to Solitude requires extended travel through low or null sec (low sec route is recommended).
What can I do?
- Exploration - sharpen your scanning skills and run data & relic sites. Due to our isolation, scanning down signatures, exploring sites and discovering Wormholes is a big part of Solitude life.
- Mission - Solitude is a great place to run missions and participate in PVE fleets with experienced players. Visit the Missioning in Solitude page for more information.
- Mine - plenty of belts and opportunities to mine solo or in a fleet. Organize and run your first mining fleet! A collection of valuable moon mining opportunities also await.
- PVP - be part of small gang PVP. Try solo PVP. FC a small roam. Proximity to the NSC means you get twice as many opportunities.
- PI - Learn Planetary Interaction; try it in High Sec and then expand into the nearby Low Sec and Null Sec areas for maximum profit.
- Industry - plenty of opportunity to build things. Take part in team efforts to build large capital ships. Learn research and invention with the advice of very experienced players. Visit the Industry in Solitude page for more details.
- Trade - We own the trade hub of the region - Gravity Well. Learn market PVP, without the BOTs from the large hubs that undercut you within minutes.
- Socialize - you will meet the same people (unistas and others) again and again - talk to them! Fly with them! Part of the charm of the Solitude Campus is the close knit community.
- Field trips - just explore Low Sec and Null Sec, and learn about gate and station guns, how bubbles work, how to scout your way and practice how to evade gate camps.
|Relevant pages:||Solitude 101 .::. Solitude Coordinated Scanning Endeavour .::. Solitude Alpha Hangar .::. Solitude Forums .::. Solitude BPO Library .::. Solitude Overwatch Standing Fleet .::. Travel to Solitude .::. Missioning in Solitude .::. Moon Mining in Solitude|
|Locations:||Solitude Campus HQ: Gravity Well - Boystin|