User:Paragot bezier/Mining 100
This is a syllabus for a class provided by EVE University. This section contains information about this class and its contents. General Information includes materials to create a proper class listing on the EVE University forum. Additional resources and teaching tips are listed under Notes for the Teacher.
Copy and paste the following BBCode template to create the forum announcement:
[color=#FFFF00][b][size=200]Mining 101[/size][/b][/color] [img]http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx216/ScoopIrish/VentureFrigate.jpg[/img] Mining is one of the most common ways to earn ISK in EVE. In this class, we'll introduce the essential elements for successful resource mining (asteroids, ice, and gas), and how to get the most effectiveness out of your mining ship fittings. * Instructor: [b]Teacher Name[/b] * When: Day 20xx.xx.xx xx:xx EVE Time * Location: Docked up safely in a station [b]Class overview[/b] * This class will cover extensively: Mining the three resources (ore, ice, and gas), the strengths and weaknesses of mining ships, fitting for mining ships, mining more efficiently and safely, and the Amarr Mining Campus. * This class will not cover: Reprocessing/Compression of Ore, related Industry, and related Trading (basically, any activity that occurs AFTER you secure your resources at a Station) [b]Student requirements[/b] * Mumble registration and access - make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this guide for set-up: [url=http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Mumble]Mumble[/url] * Access to the Lecture.E-UNI in-game chat channel [b]Questions?[/b] Ask here in this thread.
Notes for the teacher
- Lecture.E-UNI chat channel, to receive questions and post relevant links
- You may also want to have this page open, as it includes links to useful illustrations: Mining
- Historically this was a two-part class, but has been combined to ensure players get an end-to-end understanding of mining. As such, Reprocessing and Industry have been removed.
- While this syllabus is fairly detailed, teachers should not just recite this document. Make sure to read it thoroughly, use its structure as a guide for the structure of your class, but make it your own - feel free to insert your own insights and experiences as you cover the key points.
Welcome to this class on the essential principles of mining!
This course is designed primarily for new EVE pilots or for those who have little experience in mining.
Over the next hour or so, we will cover the following aspects of mining:
- The three types of resources you can mine (ore, ice, and gas)
- Mining Ships: Strengths and weaknesses of all
- Fitting your Mining Ships
- Mining more efficiently while doing so safely
- Brief introduction of the Amarr Mining Campus
(Instructor should then introduce himself or herself - covering relevant experience level and background.)
We have a few ground rules for this class:
- Please put your Mumble settings on "Push to Talk" if you have not already done so, or mute yourself in the Mumble channel.
- Feel free to type any questions in the Lecture.E-UNI chat channel as we proceed - I will try to answer your questions as they come during the class. [At the end of my lecture, we'll open Mumble for any further questions or general discussion.]
- You should be [docked up safely in a station].
Everyone ready? OK, then - let's begin....
Basic Mining Concepts
- What is mining?
- (Joke) Fit a mining laser, target asteroid, shoot, profit. How hard can it be?
- Conceptually, it is that simple, however to make a solid career out of it you need the right ship(s), fitting(s), and knowledge to do it and make decent ISK (while not losing your ship).
- The goal of mining is to extract resources for sales (ISK). Raw resources may be sold straight or refined / used in production for sale or personal use.
- The more resources mined, the better the ISK. Maximizing yield (and return on time) while minimizing the risk doing so is the objective of this class.
- Mining is a time intensive activity with not a lot of manual intervention. Its one of the easiest careers to increase (stack) earnings with alt accounts.
Types of Resources
- Ore: Ore is mined from asteroids. Most systems in New Eden have asteroid belts where ore is commonly mined from. Asteroids can occasionally appear in Ore Site anomalies (which do not need to be scanned down). Asteroids can also be found in mission pockets and mined more privately in them.
- Ice: Ice is mined from ice belts located in Ore Sites (the name of the site will indicate that its an Ice site). Ice Anomalies only spawn in systems with Ice Belts. Ice Sites do not need to be scanned down and respawn in the system four hours after the site is cleared.
- Gas: Gas is mined from gas clouds in Gas Sites (also Cosmic Anomalies). Gas Sites need to be scanned down. Gas sites can appear in any space but the best sites are within Wormholes (which have a 15 minute Sleeper Guard timer).
- Thanks for attending!
|Mining · Ice Mining · Gas Cloud Mining|
|Mining frigate||Mining barge||Exhumer||Industrial|
Asteroids and Ore
AMC Search & Rescue Operations
|EVE University Amarr Mining Campus (AMC)|
|AMC Buy-Back · AMC Refining · AMC Forum ·|