User talk:Hirmuolio pine

From UniWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Constellation Layouts

Hi. I've been updating constellation layouts since god knows when as I round out my collection of null safes. I don't know if I've borked it somehow or it's become too long, but it simply won't load anymore. Can anything be done about this?

It's linked to from the incursions page but I can't wikilink to it. The Internet Archive last crawled it in October of last year:

https://web.archive.org/web/20181001171054/https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Constellation_layouts_for_Incursions

You have "L" instead of "l" in your link. Constellation layouts for Incursions. It loads fine for me. I don't think jsut being long will realistically cause not loading problem. But having too many templates can cause it (some of the skillbook pages have this problem). Hirmuolio pine (talk) 12:55, 27 April 2019 (CDT)
Derp, that was dumb of me! Now my problem is that I simply can't edit the page anymore. I just went to this constellation and would like to add this block of data to the page:
| {{icon|alliance|24|Player owned}} [http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/The_Spire/P-FL48#sec P-FL48]
| OSW-0P
| 4DH-ST, C-BHDN, R-RE2B
| H4X-0I
| 6W-6O9
|-
The entry for the constellation is there so it's just a matter of adding in the system names, but I get HTTP ERROR 500 when submitting the addition. In fact, I get that error when submitting any changes to the page.
edit: I just tried one more time as a sanity check, and instead of 500 I got a page from the wiki which looks like this. Text is:
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "LinkCache::addLinkObj". Database returned error "1205: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction (localhost)".:
It was probably having issues due to having too many {{icon}} templates in it. I swapped them to direct links to the corresponding files. Hopefully it will work from now on. Hirmuolio pine (talk) 16:22, 30 April 2019 (CDT)
Works fine for me now. Thanks very much! Sorry for the goofy issue. Also, sorry for not signing these (not used to using wiki talk pages). Zhele jamohrr (talk) 22:47, 30 April 2019 (CDT)

Combat Sites

Hi! Since you split off the "combat sites" section from the scan results page, could you trim the information from the former (just leaving a link to combat sites and perhaps a brief summary, if you think it's useful) to avoid duplicating the same information in two places? – Noemie Belacqua 02:00, 3 April 2017 (CDT)

I was thinking that once all sites have their own page (combat, relic+data, gas, ice, ore) that whole Scanning:Scan_Results could go away or alternatively be turned into just a list of sites if someone thinks that is needed. Hirmuolio pine (talk) 03:31, 3 April 2017 (CDT)
If each type of site will have its own page then I don't really see a need for a "scan results" page (as the probe scanning interface shows the type of site before showing the name, correct?). – Noemie Belacqua 06:34, 3 April 2017 (CDT)

Thanks

Hey, glad to see someone else is active. keep up the good work! :) Telinchei Talk · Contribs 16:53, 24 July 2017 (CDT)

hello ?

hi i have no idea how to use this yet. im trying to reduce the size but i was only able to cut it down to 5,9 what are you using ?
/Karimiri

I opened the gif in GIMP and used "optimize (difference)" filter first. This removes identical pixels from each frame and brings the size down to 5,01 MB. Then I manually selected the space surrounding the battleship and removed it from all the frames except the first one since there is no need to animate that at all. This brings the size down to 3,75 MB. I bet there are better tools than GIMP for this. And I don't even know how to reduce the quality with GIMP so some other tool would be needed. I guess the animation got sped up when you converted it to gif.Hirmuolio pine (talk) 01:25, 4 October 2017 (CDT)



thats good to know, i was able to get that file down to 1,35 MB, but reducing some FPS and quality. used image > mode > index to reduce the color palette
i think with indexing + that filter it could be reduced to 1,1 MB but after that quality would suffer to much.

edit: holy crap, it went down to 450kB and aint looking that bad O_o
/Karimiri

Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
EVE University
Toolbox