|This page is specific to EVE University. Other corporations or groups in the game may operate differently.|
For a summary of EVE University's rules and code of conduct, see EVE University Rules.
|Programs & Services|
The EVE University Bug Tracker is a third-party application that allows both University Staff and Members to flag bugs and request additional features on our online services such as the forum, killboard and portal.
Registering for an account
In order to use the bug tracker you will need to first register for an account.
The set-up instructions are as follows:
- Follow this link to Register for an account in the bug tracker.
- When prompted enter your chosen Username, this should be the same as your in game name
- Enter the email address you would like to use
- Click on Signup
Once you have completed these steps you will be sent a Verification Email, containing a link. You must click on this link to continue the set up process. If you do not follow the link and complete the process within 7 days you will need to start again.
Once you have clicked on the Verification link you will be taken to the bug tracker to set a Password for your account.
Congratulations, you have now set up your bug tracker account.
Using the Bug Tracker
Main Page Overview
When you first log into the bug tracker you will be presented with an overview of current public issues and requests that have been logged in the system as well as those you have raised personally and recent resolutions or changes made. You can also view all current bugs and features that have been made public by selecting the view issues button on the left hand side.
Raising a New Bug or Feature Request
Selecting the report issue button on the left hand side will open up a new form for you to complete, to ensure a swift resolution to any bugs is it important to complete the form as fully as possible!
The first screen you will see will be the project selection screen, start by selecting the service you wish to report a bug or request a feature for from the project drop down menu. You will also notie a tick box for make default. selecting this will cause the bug tracker to default to the same project the next time you log in.
Once you have completed the page, you will be presented with a form to cmplete, requesting the floowing:
- Category* - You should select if this is a Feature Request or Bug
- Reproducibility - How often does the Bug occur? For Feature requests this should be set to N\A
- Severity* - This defaults to Minor and should be changed to reflect the impact on University Members - See table below for Guidance
- Priority* - This defaults to Normal and should be changed to reflect the impact on University Members - See table below for Guidance
- Select Profile - Select the web browser that you were using when the bug occured
- Product Version - If relevant select the version of the tool you were using when the bug occured
- Summary* - A high Level overview of the Bug or Feature being requested
- Description* - A more detailed description of your Bug or Request
- Steps To Reproduce - How can the error be reproduced
- Additional Information
- Upload Files - Attach any screenshots or files relevant to your request
- View Status - You can select either Public, seen by everyone in the tracker or Private, which can only be seen by the reporter and admin. University Staff are requested to set Bugs and Features to #Private to prevent sharing sensitive information.
Note: Sections highlighted by an asterisk are mandatory
Severity and Priority
There are several classifications used in the bug tracker for Issues and Bugs. The table blow is not an exhaustive list but intended to give an example of how to assign a severity and priority to the issues you raise.
|Severity||Priority||When to Use|
|Feature||None\Low||Requesting a new feature for one of the Universities online services, this will normally be a low priority.|
|Trivial||None\Low||Minor issues with EVE University Service, for example, page formatting not displaying correctly on the killboard, or portal.|
|Text||Low||Changes to spelling or grammar on University online services such as the portal|
|Tweak||Normal||Requests for changes to the layout/set up of the existing tool or service.|
|Minor||Normal\High||Bugs or issues that impact a few University members accessing a service|
|Major||Urgent\Immediate||Bugs or issues that impact a large number of members and could disrupt University operations|
|Crash||Urgent\Immediate||Bugs or Issues that disrupt all University members preventing the operation of the University|
|Block||Urgent||Bugs or Issues related to members permissions and associated access to University services.|