|This page is specific to EVE University. Other corporations or groups in the game may operate differently.|
For a summary of EVE University's rules and code of conduct, see EVE University Rules.
|Human Resources Departments:|
|Joining EVE Uni:|
EVE University only accepts main characters, but in rare cases, circumstances may arise where a member starts using a different character as their main character. In those circumstances we have a process for current members to switch the character they have within EVE University.
There are a few conditions to swapping characters:
- You can only have one character in EVE University at a time, so when we bring the other character in we will need you to drop corp with your current EVE University character as part of the process
- The character you are bringing into EVE University must be your main character, so the character you use most often. We do not accept alts
- We normally only accept one character swap per person, so make sure it is really what you want to do because you may not be able to swap back
In order to request a character swap you will need to do the following:
- Create an EVE University forum account with the character you want to join EVE University on. To do this:
- Go to the EVE University Portal
- If you are still logged in with your current EVE University character then log out at the top right
- Once you are logged out, you should log back in as the character you wish to swap to and create a new account
- You will then need to set a password for your forum and mumble accounts on the main page of the portal
- Once you have completed this, select the apply to EVE Uni button
- Do not complete the entire questionnaire again, but make sure that you explain in the first box:
- That you are applying for a character swap from a character currently in EVE University
- Tell us the name of your current EVE University character
- Explain why you wish to switch characters. Remember that you need to have a good reason!
Note: The portal will not allow you to leave blank questions, to progress through the application you should copy paste the same response for all subsequent questions
- Set up the EVE University Overview on the character you want to join EVE University on before you join. We don't want you losing your ship to a war target you didn't see
- Check your mail settings (click the four bars to the top left of your EVE mail window and select 'Settings'). Make sure you do not block mail from unknown characters and that your CSPA charge is zero. This will ensure that we can contact you about your request
- Your request will be reviewed by one of our Personnel Officers and you will receive an EVE mail with the next instructions
- You will then be placed into our fast track queue where an SPO or APM will review your request to swap characters and if approved will process the swap for you. You will be at the top of the queue and will have priority over members applying for the first time, so don't worry about having to wait a long time for an interview. The whole process should not take longer than a day or two.
After the swap
Once you have swapped characters there are a few steps we will need you to follow. These are as follows:
- Make a post in the Hi and Bye Forum to explain that you have swapped characters, giving the name of your previous EVE University character. This is so that there is a public record
- The Senior Personnel Officer or Assistant Personnel Manager who handled your swap will have set up your access on your new character, but mumble will take some time to notice. If your access doesn't seem to be working after a full day then contact the Director of Human Resources so we can check if there is a problem