|This page is specific to EVE University. Other corporations or groups in the game may operate differently.|
For a summary of EVE University's rules and code of conduct, see EVE University Rules.
At EVE University we aim to maintain a welcoming environment for members and non-members. We have members of all ages, as well as members who have children who can listen to or observe their game, so our communications are always kept 'family friendly'. Therefore, we have a set of rules which we expect members and guests to follow.
What should be avoided
Members and guests should avoid any of the following:
- Profanity of any kind
- Racist, sexist, homophobic, ageist or otherwise discriminatory language or behaviour
- Discussion on real life politics or real life religion
- Sexual comments or discussion, including pornography of any kind
- Personal attacks or derogatory comments against any other member or guest
- Scamming or attempting to scam other members or guests
- Disruptive or disrespectful behaviour
- Begging for ISK or items
- Trading or advertising trades, aside from in our Exchange and Corp Store forum
- Advertising Hypernet offers
- Advertisements for any other corporations, aside from in our Work Fair forum
Bear in mind that culture has an effect here, and for example words which may not be profane in one culture may be so in another, so members and guests are asked to use their best judgement and be sensitive to the requests of other channel members or moderators.
Please do not create any additional communications channels for EVE University as a whole or specific groups e.g. campuses. Speak to the CEO for this. This ensures that we retain control of them if people leave.
Where these rules apply
These rules apply in all EVE University communications including, but not limited to, the following:
- All EVE University in game chat channels, including our public channel E-Uni
- The EVE University forum
- Both EVE University mumble servers (public and private)
- EVE University campus and staff Slack
- EVE University mailing lists
- All normal fleet channels
Enforcement of rules
Every member and guest should feel free to speak up if these rules are broken, or they are made to feel uncomfortable in any EVE University channel.
If required, the following people have moderation rights, so they can remove people if needed:
Moderation may include being muted so you cannot speak, temporary removal or a permanent ban from the communication channel in question.
Members and guests are expected to respect the decisions of the moderators and not engage in "rules lawyering" i.e. arguing over your interpretation of the rule in question. If you have a grievance over a moderation action, please contact one of our Directors
Occasionally members may wish to participate in an activity with less restrictions on communications. Therefore the following exceptions are permitted:
Although the profanity rule may be lifted in these exceptional circumstances, the remainder of the above rules remain in force.