Difference between revisions of "Orientation Department"
|Line 107:||Line 107:|
Revision as of 17:21, 4 October 2019
|This page is specific to EVE University. Other corporations or groups in the game may operate differently.|
For a summary of EVE University's rules and code of conduct, see EVE University Rules.
The mission of the Orientation Department is to reach out to newly accepted members and help them settle in and feel at home in EVE University.
List of Current Orientation Staff
Director of Human Resources: Jilokari Kurvora
Orientation Manager: Jameson Bolmara
The Orientation Manager is responsible for overseeing the operation of the Orientation Department, including recruiting new Orientation Officers, monitoring the quality and quantity of Welcome Letters, keeping the department's documentation up to date, and making changes to the EVE University tool.
Assistant Orientation Manager
The Orientation Manager is assisted in managing the OOs by: Magellan Portuguese
Orientation Officers follow up with new members once they have been accepted. They reach out to new members to ensure they are settling in and provide them with information that will be useful for the individual situation. They act as a contact point for a member's first few weeks in the corporation, answer any questions a new member might have, and help to point them in the right direction.
Our current Orientation Officers, and the time zones they are active in, are as follows:
|Orientation Officer||Senior OO?||Active in European timezones?||Active in American timezones?||Active in Pacific/Australian timezones?|
Joining the Orientation Department
The Orientation Department frequently looks for new Orientation Officers to join our department. If you have some time every week to devote to the position and are interested in training to become a Orientation Officer, we would enjoy hearing from you. Applications for Orientation officers are handled by Magellan Portuguese.
Who should apply?
In order to become a Orientation Officer, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You must have been an active member of EVE University for at least three weeks. However we do expect thorough knowledge of how EVE University works, so the longer you have been a member of EVE University, the better your chances;
- The title of Freshman (or higher);
- We expect you to show a good deal of activity during your time in EVE University, such as helping out in the E-Uni channel, useful posts in the forum, killboard activity, etc.;
- We expect you to have followed the rules of EVE University and not have any serious disciplinary actions against you--as a Orientation Officer you will be held to a higher standard than other members;
- You must be able to clearly communicate with applicants and carry out interviews, so we expect you to be fluent in English and have good communication skills;
- We will expect you to devote time to the department every week, so please ensure that you have sufficient time available.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and you wish to apply to train as a Orientation Officer, please complete this application form. The more detail you provide, the more likely your application will be accepted. We are particularly interested in any real-life experience you have which may be of benefit to you carrying out the Orientation Officer role.
Submitted applications are reviewed and acknowledged individually on a regular basis using a Forum Private Message. If you have not received an acknowledgement within a week of submitting your application, please contact Magellan Portuguese by Forum PM.
We carry out interviews of short-listed candidates when we are in need of new Orientation Officers, and new staff are brought in regularly. We will send you a PM if you have been short-listed, so please keep an eye on your Forum PMs. We post updates on staff recruitment in the University staff recruitment thread.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, please feel free to apply again later.