|Modules & Structures|
There are three primary types of space in New Eden: high security, low security and null security. The first two together are also referred to as empire space, because every high and low security system is claimed by one of the four empires: Amarr, Caldari, Gallente or Minmatar.
Null security (or nullsec) space is not claimed by the empires, and can be split into three distinct types:
- Wormhole space (a.k.a. w-space, j-space, Anoikis) cannot be claimed by anyone and is only accessible through wormholes. Except in Thera, there are no stations in w-space.
- NPC nullsec regions (Curse, Great Wildlands, Outer Ring, Stain, Syndicate and Venal) are claimed by a number of different NPC factions, either pirate or corporation. These factions allow capsuleers to dock at their stations in the same way as low or highsec stations.
- Sovereign Nullsec - the subject of this article - comprises the rest of the nullsec regions, which can be claimed by any capsuleer (player) alliance. Stations in these areas will be owned by a player alliance, and will usually only allow the owning alliance (and perhaps their allies) to dock.
All nullsec areas are essentially lawless: neither CONCORD nor the empire navies respond to aggression, there are no gate or station guns, and aggression will not result in the loss of security status.
- Main article: Entosis Link
The main process for claiming the sovereignty of a region is the deployment of a sov-claiming structure, followed by the activation of an Entosis Link module on the deployed structure.
Territorial Claim Unit
- Main article: Territorial Claim Unit
- Main article: Infrastructure Hub
- Main article: Station (Player-Owned)