A page for storing various information gleaned from in-game.
There are a number of problems with trying to match colors with the game UI.
- 21 different color schemes that can be chosen
- Alpha is limited only to one of them (Dark Matter)
- transparency level can be different, causing show-through from background
- windows pinned/unpinned set transparency level as well
- color blind mode might alter colors
For new wiki theme development, the following settings will be used to base the Skin off of. It will also be recommended that all in-game screenshots of UI elements be taken with, or updated with versions taken with, these same settings:
- UI Theme: Carbon
- Transparency: 0% (solid)
- Colorblind: Off
- Match theme to active ship: NO
- Enable Window Blur: NO (this causes some small amount of background to show through if enabled)
- Windows pinned to ensure they are fully opaque.
- UI Element HAS the focus (click in it before taking screenshot)
Note that Alpha will not be able to choose Carbon for this -- their only choice, Dark Matter, is "close enough" to leave screenshots taken with it as-is, so long as the other settings are followed.
Note: The diagonal for partial-training is antialised on the upper left to lower right actual corner.
so in a 0 to 9 grid with 0,0 at top left corner, (0,0), (1,1), ... (n,n) are antialised.
for gray this results in RGB 154/154/154, Hex: #9A9A9A
for blue, it's RGB 146/177/186, hex #92B1BA
The skill training window has a few different things to designate various aspects of skills.
- Whether the skill is trainable or not
- Whether the skill is injected or not
- Whether the skill has been trained
- Whether the skill is queued for training
- Whether the skill has been partially trained
- Whether the skill, or some of its levels, are Omega-Account-Only (only visible on alpha accounts)
- Whether the skill is actively being trained right now
Two primary elements are used for these states: The text color, and the box size and color. Four primary colors are used, as well: blue, light gray, dark gray, and orange.
- Skill is injected: light gray █
- Skill is not injected: dark gray █
- Skill is not trainable: 4px by 4px
- Skill is trainable: 10px by 10px
Box Color for each level:
- Skill has been trained: solid light gray █
- Skill has not been trained: solid dark gray █
- Skill is in training queue: blue █
- Skill is omega-only: orange
- Skill is partially trained and not in queue:
- Lower left: Light gray █
- Upper right: dark gray █
- Skill is partially trained and in queue:
- Lower Left: Light gray █
- Upper Right: blue █
Alpha Clone State:
- Omega Skill level, untrainable: darker yellow - █
- Omega skill level trained but unusable: lighter yellow - █
And finally, if a skill is actively being trained "right now" (and queue not paused) it will be flashing between blue and light gray.
The timing curve over two observations appears to be linear, with these approximate timings:
0 ms - 525 ms: Starts at and stays █ blue
525ms - 875ms (350ms) : transitions linearly to █ light gray
875ms - 1075ms (200ms) : stays at █ light gray
1075 ms - 1825ms (750ms) : transitions linearly back to █ blue
|Skill Training Queue Colors|
|█ light gray - #CCCCCC|
|█ dark gray - #464646|
|█ blue - #30839C|
|█ omega untrainable - #9F7C0C|
|█ omega trained but unusable - #CEC709|
|█ blue on diagonal - #92B1BA|
|█ gray on diagonal - #9A9A9A|