Or, what I want to accomplish as the new Wiki Manager.
Here I've outlined all of my current plans for the UniWiki, and a rough road map of how they'll be accomplished.
Please note: Not all of these will necessarily happen, they are the result of brainstorming and ideas and are subject to change.
PHASE ONE: Upgrade the infrastructure
- Multi-phase process, one version at a time.
- Fully tested and document on testwiki first
- Add new Extensions, replace old ones.
- Examine new editor(s)
- The wiki has now been fully upgraded to Version 1.33. There are still some issues with the skin, but considered minor enough for now to wait until a new skin that is in development.
- The Math extension that was used before (and broken for a while) has been replaced with SimpleMathJax - instructions for how to use this are at UniWiki:Manual_of_Style/mathematics
- New extensions are being evaluated and added as well.
- Recently added:
- Semantic MediaWiki (in-wiki data lookups from other pages, still learning how to use)
- Bootstrap (CSS framework that will allow new skin design to be more mobile-friendly)
PHASE TWO: Lower the bar
- Update Style Guides, Editing Guides, Howto Guides
- Add guides to left navbar
- Uniwiki 101 classes
- Editing Hackathons, Prizes
- Forum presence, in-game-channel?
- Examine possibility of allowing SSO auth.
- SSO Login is now enabled. Still researching how to upgrade it to allow sessions to last longer
- UniWiki has now joined Discord, courtesy of Talking in Stations - Grab an invite from their website, then look for #uniwiki in the Public Channels
- Style Guide reviews still in work.
- UniWiki 101 class planning also still in work - one class was taught with 6 students, but was ad-hoc and unplanned. A proper plan is needed.
PHASE THREE: Update all the things
- Examine theming / CSS usage.
- Looking at you, Ship Articles.
- wouldn't it be Flipping Awesome if we could replicate the in-game fitting window for the ship stats?
- and for Fittings pages too?
- Categorization plan
- Custom Category landing pages
- Class-based approach to the Wiki Topics. Landing page has overview, branches off into subpages for details. Not too much detail on landing page.
- Reduce/Combine/Clean-up Templates
- New Template Examples page
- Update outdated pages
- Archival category for archived pages(/classes)(/images)
- Extension on MW Meta wiki, look at using.
- Mission Reports Pages
- Relevant: Mission_formatting_guidelines
- NPC Stats box
- All-players Project to vet actual reports for accuracy. NPC Names, etc.
- Validate External links (still working?)
- Front page Overhaul
- More like the new Agency. graphical, friendly, appealing.
- E-Uni sections overhaul ?
- Clarity, reduction, better cross-linking, easier to navigate.
- Suggest improvements to Recruitment Process pages, and the crossover pages for people going OOC -> Joining Uni.
- Make 'E-Uni rules' page more prominent to non-members so they know them when joining, rather than after.