PYOS Ship Production
|Programs & Services|
PYOS (or Purchase Your Own Ship) is a program akin to BYOM, but with plain ISK. The primary aim of the program is to make a large array of T1 ships readily available to University students without the need to travel. Requesting a ship is a simple matter: issue a corporation contract to the University with the name of your ship and a set price. Within a few days, your order should be filled by an industrious corp mate (or the Uni) and your chosen ship will be in your hangar. The price of ships is set to an internal mineral list with an added 4% to cover expenses and market fluctuations. Ideally the program will turn a small profit for the University to help cover other programs.
The list of ship prices can be found here and please, no reselling of ships.
- Students submit buy contracts, addressed to EVE University and located at Aldrat PTS, set to the listed price. This allows other students to check available corp contracts in case they want to get in on the action and fill that order themselves. Upon us noticing the contract we will start building the ship and fill the contract a little later / next chance we get, unless a student filled it first. There's a bit of "slack" built into the program so there may be enough time for a student to notice and have a few hours to build the ship for sale themselves.
- A few particular high demand ships may be made available for purchase 24/7 (or as often as we can keep the contracts up) by simply accepting a for sale contract from the Uni.
- If demand for option #2 is high enough we might start offer buy contracts for specific ships to refill internal stock for the program. For those ships essentially PYOS will be a buffer between ship manufacturing students and ship consuming students.
- Corp contracts / Market orders may be issued in Aldrat to buy up additional mineral stock.
- To post a contract for a corporation, review How to do Corp Contracts. For a PYOS ship put the acronym and ship name in the contract description, like "PYOS Scorpion x 1", and actually look up and add the ship itself as an item demanded. Enter the price listed at the link above and that's it!
If you'd like to sell a ship this way simply look for issued contracts on a regular basis and see if one pops up for a ship type you can supply. You might be able to make more profit by selling elsewhere at market price, and that's perfectly fine too. PYOS allows you another potential market in Aldrat in case you don't want to mess with moving ships or want to help support your fellow Unistas. Also see option 3)
- To see which ships may appear for instant purchase check the list below first and then simply review corp contracts to see if there is one available. Accept the contract and you'll be short some ISKies, but richer by a shiny new ship.
- This option is not available yet, pending demand review. If we implement this option it'll work the exact way as a student putting up a PYOS contract, you'll just be filling it for the Uni instead of a student.
- We keep an internal stock of minerals of substantial quantity. Should we need to replenish we may issue Corp Contracts for minerals, or alternatively simply list buy orders in Aldrat. If this option becomes active we'll put a sticky thread in The Exchange and update each time we issue contracts (http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewforum.php?f=40)
We calculate our internal mineral price list based on how much it would cost us to refill each type via high-quantity buy orders somewhat near Aldrat. This means that the internal price may be both a little high and somewhat volatile. That's good if you want to sell us minerals, and still not usually enough to make the ship prices get up to near general market price. We may try to buy minerals a little cheaper, so consider the listed prices an estimate - they'll fluctuate anyway.
High demand ships
These ships will be kept in stock and insta-buy contracts may occasionally be published to make them available whenever possible. Exact ships and stock count will be adjusted over time, and we may run out at times.
If you make a habit of losing a particular ship all the time feel free to suggest for it to be added. Frigates will likely not be considered due to overhead / availability in the corp hangar + bulk PYOS packs.
Q: Could this be expanded to cover T2 ships?
A: Maaaaybe... we won't build T2 ships, but we could perhaps start "buffering" T2 ships if there's demand
Q: Can I order a ship for my alt?
A: We will consider this for the future, but are currently limiting it to Uni students until we get a handle on demand.
Q: Any chance to do barges, Orca, etc?
A: We have added all three T1 barges as well as the Noctis. We actually also have the Orca BPO but are not using it since it takes the intermediate step of building capital ship components
Q: Can I order more than one ship at once?
A: Yes. If you want to buy frigates or other small craft (to keep the Alpha hangar's ship can from crying) please set up a multi-pack contract. For larger ships we recommend individual contracts so students with limited resources have a chance at building a single ship at a time.
Q: Can I just put up sell contracts to the corporation for ships myself, unrelated to PYOS?
A: Of course! We encourage that, in fact. You can also take a look at The Exchange forum: http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewforum.php?f=40
Q: Say, if you keep an internal price list for minerals, wouldn't it be easy to also list the ISK/m3 value of ore to give the miners an up-to-date idea of what ore would be best to mine?
A: Way ahead of you! Such a list is already present in the spreadsheet listed above. Keep in mind that those prices are a little high (bulk premium)
Q: Will this program replace BYOM?
A: No, the neat factor of BYOM is the accomplishment value from be able to provide all the materials yourself to construct something, just short the ability to queue up the job. PYOS is just another way of getting a ship you'd like.