Applying to EVE University
Welcome! If you've arrived here you're (presumably!) looking to join EVE University, New Eden's oldest and best known educational institution. Our Personnel Officers (POs) do their work unpaid out of goodwill. Please follow all the steps provided to make their job easier, to not waste any time, and to get yourself through the process as quickly as possible. Every Personnel Officer will assume you have read all the steps and followed them carefully, so please make sure that you don't miss any.
WARNING: Scammers have been attempting to scam applicants by posing as University staff. Please note that all University staff will be members of the University complete with a staff title, such as "Personnel Officer". Should anybody from outside of the University contact you regarding your application, or should anybody (including University members) try to take money or items from you in exchange for looking at your application, please report them to a member of staff or the management team immediately!
- NEW: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IN-GAME TO EVE UNIVERSITY. You will be asked by the Personnel Officer who interviews you to apply in-game at the appropriate time. Thank you.
Before you proceed with your application process, please make sure that you...
- Are applying with your main character, we only accept "mains" as in the character you play the most, or on most cases the one who has the highest SP. We also only permit one character per player in Eve University at a time, though it may be possible to change your character with Personnel Management approval.
- Have done at least three of the tutorial and career agent mission chains.
- Don't have a negative security status, as described in Step-1 of the application process.
- Don't have any standings towards Khanid Innovation and Wiyrkomi Peace Corps, please read Step-1 for more details.
- Are prepared to follow our strict policies prohibiting profanity and abusive or sexual content within its official chat channels and these rules extend to your character name. If your name is deemed potentially offensive by your PO you may be asked to change it or be rejected outright.
- Are prepared to give us honest answers on the questionnaire and during any interview as the faintest hint of dishonesty will generally lead to outright rejection.
- Are prepared to accept any outcome given by the Personnel Officer regarding your application, whether it's an acceptance or a rejection.
If by some reason you can't fulfill any of the criteria listed above, your interview will be conducted by a Senior Personnel Officer to consider options available to you, if any.
The process can take several days to complete. Whilst you wait please complete the tutorial and career agent mission chains. They will provide you with ISK, ships, skillbooks and an all-important taste of the various aspects of EVE life. Completing at least three of these mission chains is a requirement for new players, but it is a good idea to do all five!