Locating & Difficulty
This is a type of hidden combat site that can be scanned down with scanner probes, and can be found in low-security systems around Aldrat (wherever you encounter Angels). A T2 tanked Drake configured for Angels should have no trouble, but be prepared to warp out with less. Warning: Scramming frigates in second room
On warp in, you arrive at an acceleration gate.
You'll arrive to a pocket with a mix of frigates, destroyers, cruisers, elite cruiser, and battlecruisers in a few groups between 45 and 80 km from warp in. Groups can be aggro'd relatively separately, though as you start to approach the acceleration gate you'll get proximity aggro as well.
Approximate ship count
- 5 - 6 * Frigates (Gistii Hunter / Gistii Impaler)
- 9 - 12 * Destroyers (Gistior Seizer / Gistior Trasher / Gistior Haunter))
- 3 * Elite Cruisers (Arch Gistum Liquidator)
- 6 * Battlecruisers (Gistatis Legionnaire / Gistatis Praefectus)
Danger. You'll auto-aggro 4 Angels first, but the rest soon follow and you warp in much closer than in Pocket 1. There are scramming frigates in the mix (Arch Gistii Thugs scram, but there might be others. There are also some target painters and webs). The battlecruiser group hits hard, so either bring something well tanked or be prepared to warp out (350 dps tank vs Angels was not enough for a drake with full aggro).
After killing enough of the enemy ships, a Domination cruiser (Defeater) may warp in. Killing the Domination cruiser may lead to an escalation. Edit: (As at 6.03.2012, dommie dropped a single run cynabal bpc. I completed both rooms in a maelstrom. Dommie appeared when all cruisers and bc's were destroyed. Taar Al'Hass) If the dommie doesn't appear it is still possible to get escalation by destroying the battle station - it takes a reasonable amount of DPS however.
Approximate ship count:
- 8 * Elite Frigate (Arch Gistii Raider / Arch Gistii Rufian / Arch Gistii Nomad / Arch Gistii Outlaw)
- 4 * Destroyers (Gistior Seizer / Gistior Trasher / Gistior Defacer))
- 4 * Cruisers (Gistum Crusher / Gistum Phalanx / Gistum Centurion)
- 6 * Battlecruisers (Gistatis Legionnaire / Gistatis Tribuni / Gistatis Primus / Gistatis Praefectus)
Total bounty for first and second pockets: about 4.5 M ISK
Total loot and salvage (excluding Domination drops, if any): about 4 M ISK
Domination Defeater Loot: Highly variable, faction ammo, Domination module, Implant, BPC, for a total of anywhere between 1 and 200 M+
Escalation: Salvation Angel's Shipment
As soon as you warped in to the last room, your instruments registered a large group of ships escaping the fight in the last second. Further analysis of the data indicates this was a convoy of six to eight transport ships from the Salvation Angels, accompanied by an unknown number of combat ships. Your navigational systems have already come up with a likely location for you to get to, in case you feel you have any business with them.
Taking out the Domination cruiser triggers the escalation. Assuming you always get a low bounty (and therefore short range) BS in the spawn, you can minimize DPS and fit for more gank by simply moving away from the BS after warpin. Even moving slowly you'll buy yourself enough time to take out all the BCs. The drake that had to warp in and out above had no trouble here.
Even though most of the convoy left before you even got there, you still have a good indication of where to follow them.
Despite their heavy ships, the Angels seem to be outmaneuvering you, getting away without a scratch. Your scanners have a new destination ready in few seconds...
After this fierce fight you are relieved to see your instruments still have track on the main convoy which seems to still contain all of the original transport ships.
Stage 5: NULLSEC
- 2x Frigates (Impaler/Hunter)
- 3x Elite Frigates (Arch Impaler/Arch Ambusher) Web/Scram(?)
- 3x Destoryers (Seizer)
- 3x Battleships (Saint/Nephilim)
- 1x Frigates (Impaler)
- 4x Elite Frigates (Arch Impaler/Ambusher/Raider) Web/Scram(?)
- 3x Battlecruiser (Legionnaire/Primus)
- 1x Battleships (Saint)
- 1x Cruiser (Gistum Domination Racer, doesn't appear to be actual Domination)
Upon clearing Gistum Domination Racer I got a completion message but no loot and Racer wreck yielded T1 salvage.