Mining Loaner Fleet
|Programs & Services|
EVE University offers, as a service to our students, the ability to borrow ships from our extensive "loaner fleet," including various mining ships as well as industrials.
EVE University's Mining Officer, Cartilige Deninard, runs the Mining & Industrial Fleet Loaner program. This describes the requirements, policies and steps to take to borrow a ship from the loaner fleet.
Mining ship loans are made with the hope that they will allow you to earn the funds to purchase your own mining vessels. Participation in University operations is, as always, optional but encouraged. Running (fleet commanding) an operation is also encouraged, once you feel up to it.
New University students are encouraged to avail themselves of the hauler loaners to assist in any desired move near the Aldrat system.
- You must be a member of EVE University.
- For Exhumer loans, you must hold at least a Sophomore title or a Uni staff role.
- Loans are made for two weeks. Extended loans (up to four weeks) will be granted based upon availability and demand for the requested ships/modules.
- Contracts will be issued by the Logistics Director for the specified term. Please return the borrowed equipment to EVE University's Mining Officer (currently Cartilige Deninard).
- Renewals will be considered on an as-available basis.
- If the ship is destroyed, please e-mail the KillMail with an explanation to the Logistics Director Turhan Bey even if it was an NPC-only kill. Borrowers are ordinarily expected to replace and return the ship unless it is a Frigate class ship.
- Each student may have only one mining ship and one hauler ship out on loan at a time.
- Can my non-Uni alt use the loaner ships?
- Yes, certainly, but the loan is to your Uni character and needs to be returned by your Uni character. Please provide the Mining Manager your alt's name(s), and your alt will be bound by the Uni rules and policies during the loan period.
- What happens if I lose the ship?
- You are expected to replace it for the Uni. EVE mail the kill (and explanation) to the Logistics Director Turhan Bey.
- Can I use the loaner ships only on Uni Mining Operations?
- No, you are free to use the ships in any manner you feel appropriate. The suggested use is to earn ISK to buy your own, of course.
- Should I insure the loaned ship(s)?
- For T2 ships (Exhumers), insurance is probably not worthwhile. For T1 ships, the choice is up to you, but it is not obligatory. Do realize that you are expected to return to the Uni the same (type of) ship and fittings, though, even if something unfortunate occurs.
- Can I have a loaner ship rigged?
- Not at this time. However, this may change in the future. If you rig the ship, we will be unable to return the rigs to you, and the Mining Manager will figure out a way to try to keep the ship rigged for future loan recipients.
Placing a Loan Request
- Send a forum PM message to the Mining Officer, Cartilige Deninard. Include in your message the ship type and any fittings you wish, if no fit is requested the ship will come without any as standard.
- Include your request for extended loan (up to four weeks) if you want a loan longer than the standard two weeks
- A contract from Aldrat's Pator Tech Station (Uni HQ) will be issued
- If the Mining Manager cannot personally fit the specified ship, all the components will be included separately, otherwise it will come with requested modules fitted
- Accept the contract when next you are online
- After the specified amount of time, return the ship to Aldrat's Pator Tech Station (Uni HQ) and contract the ship back to Cartilige Deninard.
Mining Ships Available
Hauler Ships Available
|Badger||Caldari Industrial I|
|Badger Mark II||Caldari Industrial III|
|Bestower||Amarr Industrial I|
|Wreathe||Minmatar Industrial I|
|Hoarder||Minmatar Industrial II|
|Mammoth||Minmatar Industrial IV|
|Iteron||Gallente Industrial I|
|Iteron Mark II||Gallente Industrial II|
|Iteron Mark III||Gallente Industrial III|
|Iteron Mark V||Gallente Industrial V|