The Orientation Department is the department reaches out to new members to ensure they are settling in and provide them with relevant information. They also act as a contact point for a members' first few weeks in the corporation, to answer any questions and point them in the right direction.
List of Current Orientation Staff
Director of Human Resources: Dune Barphsaq
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the Orientation, Titles, Personnel, and Mentor Departments.
Orientation Manager: Torr Victros
The Orientation Manager is responsible for overseeing the working of the Orientation Department, including recruiting new Orientation Officers, monitoring the quality and quantity of mails sent, keeping the department's documentation up to date and making changes to the EVE University tool.
Our Orientation Officers have the role of following up new members once they have been accepted. They reach out to new members to ensure they are settling in and provide them with relevant information. They also act as a contact point for a members' first few weeks in the corporation, to answer and questions and point them in the right direction.
Our current Orientation Officers and the timezones they are active in are as follows:
|Orientation Officer||Active in European timezones?||Active in American timezones?||Active in Pacific/Australian timezones?|
Joining the Orientation Department
We are almost always looking for new Orientation Officers to join our department. We would be interested in hearing from anyone who is interested in training to become a Orientation Officer. Applications for Orientation officers are handled by Torr Victros.
As one of the benefits of being part of the Orientation department, they are allowed access to the Human Resources POS in the Wormhole Campus. But the main benefit of being a Orientation Officer or Orientation Officer is being able to give back to EVE University by assisting applicants and new members.
Who should apply?
In order to become a Orientation Officer you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You must have been an active member of EVE University for at least three weeks. However we do expect thorough knowledge of how EVE University works, so the longer you have been a member of EVE University, the better your chances;
- The title of Sophomore is preferred, although lower titles will be considered;
- We expect you to show a good deal of activity during your time in EVE University, such as helping out in the E-Uni channel, useful posts in the forum, killboard activity etc;
- We expect you to have always followed the rules of EVE University and not have any serious disciplinary actions against you, because as a Orientation Officer you will be held to a higher standard than other members;
- You must be able to clearly communicate with applicants and carry out interviews, so we expect you to be fluent in English, with good communication skills;
- We will expect you to devote time to the department every week, so please ensure that you have sufficient time available.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and you wish to apply to train as a Orientation Officer or Orientation Officer, please complete this application form. You will need to use an out-of-game browser. The more detail you provide, the more likely your application is to be accepted. We are particularly interested in any real-life experience you have which may be of benefit to you carrying out the Orientation Officer role.
Submitted applications are reviewed and acknowledged individually on a regular basis. If you have not received an acknowledgement within a week of submitting your application, please contact Torr Victros by forum PM.
We carry out interviews of short-listed candidates when we are need of new Orientation Officers, and new staff are brought in regularly. Please keep an eye on your forum PMs as we will send you a PM if you have been short-listed. We post updates on staff recruitment in this thread.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, please feel free to apply again later.