Abandoned Research Complex DG003
|This article should be cleaned up or improved. The reason is: unspecified|
Locating & Difficulty
This is a data site that can be scanned down with scanner probes, and can be found in null security space in the Etherium Reach and Perrigen Falls Regions. Opening the cans requires a Data Analyzer. Failing a hacking attempt on any of the cans may result in enemy frigate NPC spawns. Containers do not self destruct no matter how many times a hacking attempt is failed.
The site is an open deadspace pocket that can be warped to at any range.
The Site Itself
The data site has three cans:
- 2 "High Security Containment Facility" (Green Cores)
- 1 "Research and Development Laboratories" (Red Core)
2-3 Enemy drones (frigate class) may spawn on failed codebreaking on any of the cans.
Loot includes (in order of decreasing frequency):
- Rogue Drone Components
- 'Integrated' Hobgoblin and Hammerhead BPCs (30 runs)
- 'Augmented' Hobgoblin and Hammerhead BPCs (10 run)
Typically either of the "high-security" cans has the biggest share of loot while the other only contains drone components and the "Research Laboratories" lab is empty (but not always!).
There is a possibility that the site may escalete to "Derelict Research Complex DG006".
Trigger mechanism is not fully understood but is likely caused after interacting with all 3 cans with a codebreaker.
Recorded triggers available publicly include:
- Successful hacking of all 3 cans
- Successfully hacking both "High Security Containment Facility" cans and a failed hacking attempt on the "Research and Development Laboratories" can.