Client Preferences and Settings Backup
User Settings are not stored Server Side. If you move computer or there is a client crash, preferences may be reset to default, carefully constructed overviews gone, the People & Places organization wiped (though the actual contacts and locations remain).
It is recommended when you are satisfied with your user settings you back them up in case you need to restore at a later date.
How to back up Settings
To keep these settings and preferences for future use or backup, users can make a copy of the cache and settings folders. Locate the folder based on the system below. Within there you will find a (c_program_files_ccp_eve_tranquility) folder or something similar. Back up the contents of the folder. 
Press Windows Key + R and paste the following line into the Run window.
Older Versions of Windows
- Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\CCP\EVE\
- Windows XP Steam: %USERPROFILE%\Local SettingsLocal Settings\Application Data\CCP\EVE\
- Windows Vista: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE\
- Windows Vista Steam: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE\y
- Windows Vista 64bit: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE\
- Windows Vista 64bit Steam: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE\
- Windows 7: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE\
- Windows 7 64bit: %LOCALAPPDATA%\CCP\EVE\
- German OS will be a variation of %USERPROFILE%\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\CCP\EVE\
- MacOS X: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/EVE Online