Difference between revisions of "Intake & Progression Department"
(Added user link for John Silverfox)
|Line 103:||Line 103:|
Revision as of 22:07, 6 October 2019
|This page is specific to EVE University. Other corporations or groups in the game may operate differently.|
For a summary of EVE University's rules and code of conduct, see EVE University Rules.
The Personnel Department is the department responsible for bringing new students into EVE University. EVE University often receives several hundred applications every week, so this department was created to provide a group of people dedicated to reviewing applications, carrying out interviews of applicants and following up new members. Like all other EVE University staff, members of this department volunteer for the role and are unpaid.
List of Current Personnel Staff
Director of Human Resources: Jilokari Kurvora
Personnel Manager: Dallidiem Igraine
The Personnel Manager is responsible for overseeing the working of the Personnel Department, including recruiting new Personnel Officers, monitoring the quality and quantity of interviews, keeping the department's documentation up to date and making changes to the EVE University tool.
Assistant Personnel Managers
Our Personnel Officers act as applicants' first point of contact with EVE University. They are responsible for assessing applications to EVE University, carrying out interviews and making a decision on whether the applicant should be allowed entry. When they bring a new member into EVE University, they also provide a brief orientation to get the new member started. Personnel Officers also monitor and moderate our public channels.
Our current Personnel Officers and the timezones they are active in are as follows:
|Personnel Officer||Senior?||Active in European timezones?||Active in American timezones?||Active in Pacific/Australian timezones?|
Joining the Personnel Department
We are almost always looking for new Personnel Officers to join our department, to cope with the large number of applications we receive. We would be interested in hearing from anyone who is interested in training to become a Personnel Officer. Applications for Personnel officers are handled by Marn Vermuldir and Jason Eoner.
One of the benefits of being part of the Personnel department, they are allowed access to the Human Resources POS in the Wormhole Campus. We also have occasional special events for Personnel Department staff. But the main benefit of being a Personnel Officer is being able to give back to EVE University by assisting applicants and new members.
Who should apply?
In order to become a Personnel Officer you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You must have been an active member of EVE University for at least three weeks. However we do expect thorough knowledge of how EVE University works, so the longer you have been a member of EVE University, the better your chances;
- The title of Sophomore is preferred, although lower titles will be considered;
- We expect you to show a good deal of activity during your time in EVE University, such as helping out in the E-Uni channel, useful posts in the forum, killboard activity etc;
- We expect you to have always followed the rules of EVE University and not have any serious disciplinary actions against you, because as a Personnel Officer you will be held to a higher standard than other members;
- You must be able to clearly communicate with applicants and carry out interviews, so we expect you to be fluent in English, with good communication skills;
- We will expect you to devote time to the department every week, so please ensure that you have sufficient time available.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and you wish to apply to train as a Personnel Officer, please complete this application form. The more detail you provide, the more likely your application is to be accepted. We are particularly interested in any real-life experience you have which may be of benefit to you carrying out a Personnel Officer.
Submitted applications are reviewed and acknowledged individually on a regular basis. If you have not received an acknowledgement within a week of submitting your application, please contact Marn Vermuldir and Jason Eoner by forum PM.
We carry out interviews of short-listed candidates when we are need of new Personnel Officers, and new staff are brought in regularly. Please keep an eye on your forum PMs as we will send you a PM if you have been short-listed. We post updates on staff recruitment in this thread.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, please feel free to apply again later.