Scan the can
Scan the Can can be modified into a scanning event of any kind: probing down drones, MTUs, mobile depots or ships. This event's also a good exercise in scanning/combat probing, which applies to a bunch of other PvE and PvP activities in Eve.
Scan the Can usually involves participants competing to probe an object down the fastest. An example:
- The event host places mobile depots at various safe spots in a system.
- Participants use combat probing fits to scan the mobile depots down.
- They warp to the mobile depots to pick up tokens of proof.
- Sometimes event hosts store prizes like ship skins or skillbooks in secure containers anchored at the mobile depots.
- At the end of the event, the participants turn in their tokens to claim their prize.
This was just an example, event hosts can change this format any way they like.
- Every participant needs a combat probing fit. Providing everybody with the same pre-made fit makes the event more newbie-friendly and levels the playing field a little.
- There are no required skills for this event that new players don't already have by default, but you can decrease your scanning time by training a couple of related skills (see Additional information).
- For participants: set your probe window filter to show 'deployables' alone (or 'ships' or 'drones' depending on the event's objectives).
- If you scan an unrelated object down, ignore that result so you won't scan it again by accident.
- Train Astrometric Acquisition, Astrometric Pinpointing, and Astrometric Rangefinding to reduce your scanning time.