Titanomachy: Graveyard of Giants
Roll up, roll up. Come one, come all. Witness one of the true wonders of the EVE Universe.
Due to the surprise nature of the loss of sovereignty PL/N3 fielded a much smaller supercap presence than usual. CFC/Rus forces used this opportunity to deploy the full might of their own capital fleet and soon the system was filled with hundreds of Titans and Supercarriers with a full supporting cast of Dreadnaughts, Carriers and sub-capitals.
Following the battle CCP decided a permanent memorial to this incredible event was needed and installed the ‘Titanomachy’ monument around the seventh planet in the B-R5RB system. Consisting of non-salvagable capital wrecks created using brand new Titan wreck models introduced with EVE Online: Rubicon’s 1.1release, the site allows players who are brave enough to make the journey, to visit the battlefield and marvel at the awesome scope of the destruction.
Abridged from the Full version at EVE online.
RUNNING THIS EVENT
If you would like to run this Event it is highly recommended that you contact a member of the Events staff before making any preparations. Due to the distances involved, and the fact that the destination system is deep in Sovereign Null Sec, this can be a complex event to put together and run successfully. As well as helping you ensure all the necessary Diplomatic safeguards are in place we may be able to help arrange faster ways to reach the site and additional content (Guest speakers, live Titan's etc) to make your event even more special.
Form up: Slays VII - Moon 3 - Center for Advanced Studies School
Duration: 3+ Hours
Area: Null Sec
Communication: You must be on Mumble at all times during the pilgrimage. If you are in fleet, you need to be on Mumble.
- Read Fleets 101
- This event is open to all Unista’s and no prior fleet experience is required.
- If you are new to Uni fleets, there will be a brief Fleets 101 15 minutes prior to fleet leaving Slays.
- Attend Fleets 101 class
- Only fly what you can afford to lose!
- Fast Frigates or Interceptors prefered
- Empty clone at an appropriate station
Please DO NOT bring anything that you cannot afford to lose. We will be going deep into Sov Null and may encounter bubbles as such Interceptors and fast frigates are required.
- EVE University is at war, and we will also be traveling through Sov Null, be prepared to get blown up.
- Have your medical clone set to an appropriate station ahead of the journey and insure your ship!