Shattered wormhole systems
|Life in wormholes|
|EVE University specific|
Shattered wormhole systems are wormhole systems in which all planets are shattered. Shattered systems differ from other wormhole systems in various ways, and fall into two general categories (with one notable exception). Because they have no moons, it is not possible to anchor a POS in them. Anchoring Upwell Structures is also forbidden, and so it is not possible to set up permanent residence in a shattered wormhole system (at least, not in the conventional sense). Shattered wormhole systems were added in the Rhea expansion.
Standard Shattered Wormhole Systems
There are 75 standard shattered wormhole systems. Though they are similar to normal J-Space systems, the differ in significant ways:
- They have no moons and every planet is shattered.
- They contain landmark sites that relate to ongoing developments in EVE and J-Space lore.
- They have a somewhat higher occurrence of J-Space signatures and anomalies.
- They can generate signatures and anomalies of their own class, and of one class higher or lower.
- They contain a single Shattered Debris Field, an extremely rich Ore anomaly containing high-yield forms of all types of asteroids
- They contain a single Shattered Ice Field, an Ice field containing all types of ice, high-yield isotope ice, and the only ice available in J-Space
- These ore and ice fields are defended by a single small delayed-spawning wave of Sleepers
- They have one K-Space static connection in addition to the normal statics they receive by virtue of their class.
- This does mean that Shattered C4 systems will have a K-Space static. Oddly, for these, they use the wormhole types usually reserved for C3 K-Space connections.
- They are distributed into all the existing wormhole classes, and some will have system effects.
- There are also some "extra unique lore-connected surprises" in a small percentage of these new systems.
This spreadsheet has a list of all systems.
Small Ship Shattered Wormhole Systems
There are 25 small ship shattered wormhole systems. Sometimes they are also referred to as C13 systems.They inherit all the features of the standard shattered systems, with the following additional properties:
- All wormholes in or out of these systems will be small ship wormholes. Only Frigates, Destroyers, the Porpoise, and specially fit Heavy Interdictors can use these wormholes.
- They receive anomaly and signature sites appropriate for wormholes between class 1 and class 3, but will receive the system effects normally reserved for C6 Wolf Rayet systems:
- +100% armor hit points
- +200% small weapon damage
- -50% shield resists
- -50% signature size
- Signature and Anomaly sites spawn more frequently than in non-shattered systems.
Thera is the only named W-Space system, and the only W-Space system to contain NPC stations.
Unique & Interesting Shattered Wormholes
J005299 is occupied by Sansha's Nation. The Epicenter, normally guarded by Sleeper rats, is guarded by Sansha's Nation rats. In addition no Sleeper sites spawn, only Sansha sites (A Standard Sleeper Cache spawned in this wormhole. ) . This includes gated DED complexes. Ore sites and ice sites however spawn standard Sleeper rats.
There are ruins of several Sansha stations as well.
See http://imgur.com/a/PR8T4 for an album of this wormhole.
C5 Magnetar, 7 shattered planets, sleeper rats in the epicenter and Talocan Static Gates in the epicenter as well.
C4 Pulsar, 4 shattered planets, Sansha at the epicenter webs and points.
Shattered Wormhole Sites
The silent battleground consists of a large number of data and relic cans, with no Sleeper rats present. It must be scanned down, and requires decent skills to do so. The data cans contain datacores, and the relic cans contain T3 manufacturing components such as Intact Power Cores. Early reports suggest that this site operates on a timer and will explosively despawn after some time, though dealing no damage. 3 hacking ships should be able to clear the entire site before this happens, however. A recent attempt of the site (September 2019) reports no risk or sudden despawn during hacking. A total of 40 cans yield loots of around 200M isk, however, the loots take around 500 cubic meter space, large cargo space or MTU is therefore strongly recommended.
- List of Shattered Systems - A list of all shattered systems and their properties.
- Thera and the Shattered Wormholes - Dev blog introducing the shattered wormholes