Singularity (also known as "Sisi") is CCP's public test server. New code, features and various tests will be held and conducted on Singularity prior to their implementation onto Tranquility. Very often it is on Singularity where players will be able to catch the first glimpses of what new expansions will bring. The test server also has every single item listed stocked on the market, except for faction items such as ammo and ships, for 100.00 ISK. This makes Singularity a great platform to test out ship set-ups without risking millions of ISK.
Players are able to log in to Singularity through the normal EVE launcher and test upcoming game changes.
Unlike Tranquility, Singularity is not continuously updated, so characters on Singularity are not identical to their counterpart on Tranquility. Characters, accounts and player owned structures are periodically mirrored over to Singularity, usually when the next major release moves into Beta. Activities done on singularity have no effect on Tranquility.
Connecting to Singularity via Steam
- Launch EVE Online as usual through Steam
- Once the EVE Launcher loads, it will show the current server at the bottom right:
- Click the down arrow to the right of where it says Tranquility, and you will have a drop down server list:
- Select Singularity, the server name at the bottom right should now have changed
- Click the play button to the left hand side of the account that you wish to play as. This will load the snapshot of this account from when the server was last mirrored.
- You may have to add your account if this is your first time connecting to this server
- If you have changed your password fairly recently, then the mirror might expect your OLD password
- If you have a fairly new character, then it might not exist on Singularity if it was created after the last snapshot was taken
- Make sure to change it back to Tranquility when you are finished testing so you don't accidentally load the wrong server, later
- There are some General Rules of conduct for the public test servers found here.
- Markets are seeded in every constellation. Nearly everything is priced at 100.00 ISK and is in bountiful amounts.
- Stargates are sleepy. Often when traveling you will get a traffic control message delaying your jump. You will have to request your jump a second time.
- Players living in wormholes on Tranquility will be moved to 6-CZ49. Their assets will be impounded at a station in Reblier.
You can get around some of the ISK charges by using "/copyships" though assets in the item hangar and corporation hangars will have to be paid for.
- /copyships has been disabled for regular players
- Mass tests are often conducted by CCP and participation usually leads to bountiful rewards for use on Singularity. These rewards are often skillpoints in the millions for each participating character and can help bridge any skillpoint gaps required to test the latest content.
- Helpful chat channels are massquestions, masstesting, and Singularity. These can be helpful organizing fleets and mass test objectives.
- Skill injectors are not seeded in markets and orders are often placed at exorbitant prices, far higher than Tranquility.
Player Slash Commands
Unlike Tranquility, Singularity has additional slash commands for normal, non-GM characters to help facilitate player testing and the general use cases of the server. These will help you better orient yourself as well adapt to your desired situation primarily given that the database copies from Tranquility to Singularity take place at an irregular frequency. CCP has outlined the list of support commands on their support page for Singularity.
- While skill injectors are not seeded on the market, PLEX is. You can purchase enough PLEX to buy skill extractors and us them on yourself to "ReSpec" your skillpoint allocations. Keep in mind PLEX bought on Sisi stays on Sisi. Furthermore anything bought on the New Eden store on Sisi also only applies to Sisi. You WILL NOT be able to redeem items bought on Sisi on Tranquility.
Another trick you can do to bridge skillpoint gaps is purchase or acquire a skill injector on Tranquility. Place the skill injectors on a ship and wait until after the next down time. Then on Sisi you can use the "copyships" command once per day to copy over your purchased skill injectors.
- /copyships has been disabled on Singularity, for players. Asset-copies happen at the next database mirror, which occur approximately every three months but are on no set schedule.
- With PLEX being seeded you can also purchase multi character training for your remaining character slots. You can have these characters train skills for the purpose of harvesting their skillpoints and bridge training gaps that way. Alternatively you have these characters train for specific roles you are looking to test particular content without having to commit a major investment on tranquility.
- Not Space rich? That is ok! You can safely, effectively and entertainingly conduct spaceship insurance scams. Simply purchase a ship off the market, insure it for maximum. Then undock in 6-CZ49 and someone will happily attempt to blow you up if you ask nicely. Capital ships such as the Rorqual return for around 1.5 billion ISK or more. This can also present an opportunity to familiarize yourself with what it takes to destroy said ships.