This page lists various exploration sites that have been found and catalogued. There are also some more sites detailed on Evelopedia.
General Exploration Points
- The more difficult a site is to scan down, the better the site will be.
- There is a specific, constant amount of each type of site.
- When a site is completed it spawns somewhere else almost immediately.
- Sites have a 3 day timer, if they are not completed within that time they despawn at the next server downtime and will spawn somewhere else.
- Sites are given a 3 letter - 3 number identification tag, for example ILN-883. This identification tag is changed each day at sever downtime.
- The Group normally shows at around 30% signal strength; and the Type around 70%.
- You are normally prevented from opening cans when defenders are near, so combat skills will be needed for sites where NPCs are spawned at the start - cloaked ships especially won't be able to sneak in and take the loot.
- This site will despawn when it is completely mined or when its 3 day timer expires.
- Gravimetric Sites seem to be the most difficult type of site to scan down. (In K-space, anyway)
- Gravimetric Sites general have asteroids that are not found in the current security level of the solar system.
- The Asteroids will be those that are found in the security level below the current level of the solar system and/or will be larger than normal.
- When spawned each site will have all flavors of each type of asteroid. For example a Small Omber Deposit will have Golden, Silvery, and regular Omber Asteroids in the site.
- NPC Pirates can and do spawn in these asteroid fields, but canflippers are uncommon.
- These sites are not necessarily worthwhile. It may be more profitable to just mine normal belts instead.
- There is an emote given in local when you complete (mine out) the site.
- When a site is first found, all the asteroids of that particular site may not be spawned initially. Some spawn over time. This has given rise to an old myth of gravimetric asteroid fields "refilling"; if at least one asteroid is left and not mined in the field.
Specific Gravimetric Sites found in High Security Systems
- Small Omber Deposit
- Average Omber Deposit
- Large Omber Deposit
- Small Kernite and Omber Deposit
- Average Kernite and Omber Deposit
- Large Kernite and Omber Deposit
- Average Jaspet, Kernite and Omber Deposit
- Large Jaspet, Kernite and Omber Deposit
- Small Hemorphite, Jaspet, and Kernite Deposit
- Average Hemorphite, Jaspet, and Kernite Deposit
- Large Hemorphite, Jaspet, and Kernite Deposit
- Small Hedbergite and Hemorphite (Needs Confirmation)
- Average Hedbergite and Hemorphite (Needs Confirmation)
- Large Hedbergite and Hemorphite (Needs Confirmation)
- Small Hedbergite, Hemorphite, and Jaspet Deposit
- Average Hedbergite, Hemorphite, and Jaspet Deposit
- Large Hedbergite, Hemorphite, and Jaspet Deposit (Needs Confirmation)
Specific Gravimetric Sites found in Low Security Systems
- Small Gneiss Deposit
- Average Gneiss Deposit
- Large Gneiss Deposit
- Small Dark Ochre and Gneiss Deposit
- Average Dark Ochre and Gneiss Deposit
- Large Dark Ochre and Gneiss Deposit
- Small Spodumain Crokite and Dark Ochre Deposit
- Average Spodumain Crokite and Dark Ochre Deposit
- Large Spodumain Crokite and Dark Ochre Deposit
Specific Gravimetric Sites found in Null Security Systems
- This site will despawn when fully mined or when the 3 day timer expires.
- Some sites may have loot cans with Blueprints and skillbooks that are associated with drug manufacturing.
- Also see Mining:Gas Clouds
Specific Ladar Sites found in High Security Systems
- High Sec Gas clouds Ladar sites are always one of the 8 Mykoserocin varieties (Amber, Azure, Celadon, Golden, Lime, Malachite, Vermillion, or Viridian)
- High Sec Gas cloud Ladar sites appear to be very time consuming and not currently profitable.
- Calabash Nebula
- Diablo Nebula
- Flame Nebula
- Ghost Nebula
- Glass Nebula
- Pipe Nebula
- Sister Nebula
- Sparkling Nebula
- Sunspark Nebula
- Wild Nebula
Specific Ladar Sites found in Low Security Systems
Specific Ladar Sites found in Null Security Systems
- This site will despawn when someone attempts to open a can and everyone leaves the site (whether successful or not) or the 3 day timer expires.
- These sites may need a salvager, analyzer, or both
- "Looted" sites usually require a salvager. "Crumbling" sites usually require an analyzer, but may require both.
- The loot from these sites usually consist of T2 Rig BPCs, normal salvaged materials (sometimes even rare salvaged materials), salvaging and rigging skillbooks.
- Usually the loot corresponds to the specific region, for example Alloyed Tritanium Bars from Angel sites in Minmatar space.
Specific Magnetometric Sites found in High Security Systems
- Looted Angel Abandoned Station
- Looted Angel Ruined Station
- Looted Angel Pod Cluster
- Looted Angel Lone Vessel
- Looted Angel Excavation
- Looted Angel Explosive Debris
- Looted Angel Collision Site
- Looted Angel Ship Graveyard
- Looted Angel Battle Remnants
- Crumbling Angel Excavation
- Crumbling Angel Explosive Debris
- Crumbling Angel Crystal Quarry
- Crumbling Angel Antiquated Outpost
- Crumbling Angel Abandoned Colony
- Crumbling Angel Solar Harvesters
- Crumbling Angel Mining Installation
Specific Magnetometric Sites found in Low Security Systems
- Decayed Angel mining Installation
- Decayed Blood Raider Collision Site
- Decayed Blood Raider Mass Grave
- Decayed Serpentis Mining Installation
- Ransacked Angel Ruined Station
- Ransacked Angel Demolished Station
- Ransacked Angel Dumped Cargo
- Ransacked Angel Ship Graveyard
- Ransacked Angel Ship Remnants
Specific Magnetometric Sites found in Null Security Systems
- This site will despawn after someone attempts to open a can and everyone leaves the site (whether successful or not) or the 3 day timer expires.
- The loot from the containers normally has to do with invention such as decryptors, data cores, interface BPCs, other things used in T2 manufacturing, or skillbooks.
- Usually the loot corresponds to the specific region, for example Minmatar Encryption Methods skillbook from Angel sites in Minmatar space.
Specific Radar Sites found in High Security Systems
- Local Angel Data Terminal
- Local Angel Mainframe
- Local Angel Backup Server
- Local Angel Shattered Life-Support Unit
- Local Angel Virus Test Site
- Local Angel Data Processing Center
- Local Angel Production Installation
Specific Radar Sites found in Low Security Systems
- Regional Angel Mainframe
- Regional Angel Data Processing Center
- Regional Angel Data Fortress
- Regional Angel Data Terminal
- Regional Angel Data Mining Site
- Regional Angel Command Center
- Regional Blood Raider Data Fortress
- Regional Blood Raider Data Terminal
- Regional Blood Raider Mainframe
- Regional Serpentis Mainframe
Specific Radar Sites found in Null Security Systems
- Scan results with the scan group listed as "unknown" are usually one of 3 types of sites.
- Often it is an Unstable Wormhole.
- If the Group and Type both show Unknown this usually indicates a COSMOS site.
- The third possibility is a combat site or complex.
- Combat sites will despawn when the "trigger" is activated and everyone leaves the site, or the 3 day timer expires.
- Normally the "trigger" when activated can (maybe 5% of the time) lead to an escalation (another site that shows up in the journal under expeditions)
- These escalations often can have better loot or even lead to further escalations (if a further escalation is available, there is usually a much higher chance for the site to escalate)
- Most of the sites listed have been found in or near Aldrat: other sites exist that are similar in composition and name, but adjusted for different regions and pirate factions.
Specific Combat Sites found in High Security Systems
- Angel Hideout
- Angel Vigil
- Angel Watch
- Angel Lookout
- Chemical Yard
- Rogue Drone Asteroid Infestation
- Haunted Yard
- Desolate Site