RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
Designed for commando and espionage operation, its main strength is the ability to travel unseen through enemy territory and to avoid unfavorable encounters.
Gallente Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
The Helios is the odd one out among covert ops, in that it only has 2 high slots. In compensation it has 5 mid slots and a rather useless 5m3 drone bay. This is a disadvantage to some because it means the Helios can't fit the standard complement of cloak, probe launcher and cynosural field generator that is the staple fit of covops frigates in null sec alliances.
But to the High Scan Strength stacking, and to Exploration fits it has the best potential for flexible fits for Covops in the game.
- It is essential to train Cloaking to IV in order to use the Covert Ops Cloaking Device II.
- Astrometrics IV, Astrometric Acquisition III, Astrometric Pinpointing III and Astrometric Rangefinding III make a good skills base for scanning.
- If you intend to develop long term scouting skills, which will require fast accurate scans in a ship that's so nimble it warps almost instantly, it will become essential to train the Covops and Scanning skills to V.
For more info on fittings, please click here
- Scanning, learn how to scan quickly and effectively by 'Play Hunting' mission ships in High Sec
- Explore Wormholes, with 'Bookmark Breadcrumbs' so you develop skills using probes to navigate
- Practice 'Punting', where you can drop a tight scan formation on a gate, so you can punt your fleet onto an enemy
- But most of all, practice, practice and practice even more the art of re-cloaking in less than the cycle of one second, it will make you almost immortal
You can write additional notes for Helios here.