RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
Electronic attack ships are mobile, resilient electronic warfare platforms. Although well suited to a variety of situations, they really come into their own in skirmish and fleet encounters, particularly against larger ships. For anyone wanting to decentralize their fleet's electronic countermeasure capabilities and make them immeasurably harder to counter, few things will serve better than a squadron or two of these little vessels.
Gallente Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
The Keres is a T2 version of the Maulus, but rather than just being a straight upgrade, it has an extra bonus to warp disruptor range, allowing it to point enemies from 40k or more when overheated. The warp disruptor range bonus also affects warp scramblers.
The Keres can be flown in a few ways. One is to combine the warp disruptor range with sensor damps to push the enemy's lock range down below the Keres' point range, allowing it to tackle a target while leaving them unable to do much about it. This is a strong tactic to use when soloing or when skirmishing for a fleet.
Another way is pure tackle, packing the Keres with warp disruptors and scramblers to allow it to hold point and scram on several targets, possibly with some tank. This is a particularly effective setup to support a gate camp.
The Keres can be flown primarily as a damping platform, but it doesn't really outshine the Maulus and Celestis much in this role. Versus the Maulus it essentially only gains an extra mid slot and slightly better tank at a considerable increase in price. The Celestis is simply superior at damping, and still cheaper despite being a cruiser, though the Keres beats it in mobility.
Recommended skills to pilot Keres for a specific or it's common role(s).
- Gallente Frigate gives a bonus to dampener effectiveness and reduces activation cost
- Electronic Attack Ships give a bonus to Warp Scrambler and Disruptor range (40+ Km) and reduces activation cost
- Frequency Modulation increases falloff on all Ewar modules, skill to IV or V
- Long Distance Jamming increases optimal on all Ewar modules, skill to IV or V
- Signal Suppression increases effectiveness on Sensor Damps, skill to V.
Good to have
- Sensor Linking reduces capacitor need.
- Propulsion Jamming reduces capacitor need.
For more info on fittings, please click here
Keres roles or piloting tactics.
Guidance for using Dampeners
- Reject fleet warps and warp in at your optimal, which can be to either the Disruptor Point or Dampener range
- Warp in a few seconds after the fleet, as the targets will have already chosen their primaries and the FC will have identified your targets.
- Unless ordered to by the FC, do not target the primary, your frequent targets will be support, Logistics or other Ewar
- Be prepared to bounce repeatedly to avoid damage, this effectively keeps a target preoccupied with you and essentially off the field.
- Use a fit that provides a defense against drones
- Use Dampeners on Snipers, which removes them from the field.
- Use Scripts on some of the dampener modules, which reduces the stacking penalties