RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
Minmatar Cruiser bonuses (per skill level):
The heavy duty combat cruiser of the Minmatar Republic, this ship looks like a chunk of brick. The Rupture is the favored mission cruiser for the Minmatar. It can mount a good active armour tank or regenerating passive shield tank (as below) and use artillery and drones to destroy mission rats from range. The Rupture is also a strong PvP ship. A number of fittings work well; in E-Uni fleets the most common approach is to fit an armour buffer tank (as below) and provide extra DPS and some sticky secondary tackle. Strong fitting skills and access to T2 autocannon (for kiting with Barrage ammo) open up some fast-moving shield-tanked PvP fits, which, oddly, work rather better in that role than the Stabber.
- Minmatar Cruiser to at least IV to properly take advantage of the Rupture's DPS buff that comes with every extra level in the skill.
- Gunnery V, Medium Projectile Turret V and Medium Autocannon Specialization/Medium Artillery Specialization trained to at least I to fit T2 guns, which do more damage and are substantially cheaper than the meta 4 variants, along with the ability to use T2 ammo types.
- Rapid Firing, Surgical Strike, skills which increase DPS and are thus vital to all turret-based damage dealing ships, should all be trained to at least IV.
- Along with the obvious Power Grid Management and CPU Management fitting skills required for fitting most ships, Weapon Upgrades and Advanced Weapon Upgrades should be trained to V and at least II respectively to help alleviate fitting problems associated with the ship's powergrid.
- Sharpshooter is important for artillery fitted Ruptures, though due to autocannons' small optimals it isn't as important for autocannon fits.
- Drones V, Light Drone Operation V, Drone Interfacing IV and Gallente Drone Operation I/Minmatar Drone Operation I are all are important for getting as much DPS out of the 25m3 dronebay as possible.
- The appropriate skills required for fitting a Full T2 Armour or Shield Tank.
For more info on fittings, please go here
No sub-article about Rupture roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.
In Retribution Rupture lost one launcher/utility hardpoint and gained a midslot.