RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
Geared toward versatility and prolonged deployment in hostile environments, Marauders represent the cutting edge in today's warship technology. While being thick-skinned, hard-hitting monsters on their own, they are also able to use Bastion technology. Similar in effect to capital reconfiguration technology, when activated the Bastion module provides immunity to electronic warfare and the ability to withstand enormous amounts of punishment, at the cost of being stationary.
Amarr Battleship bonuses (per skill level):
The Paladin is an immensely powerful mobile weapons platform, able to both tank and output huge amounts of damage.
Unlike other marauders, the Paladin receives a racial skill bonus to capacitor capacity, making it very resistant to neuting. It is also the only marauder to have its damage bonus tied to the Marauders skill, rather than the racial battleship skill, which makes the Paladin's performance much more reliant on the Marauders skill than the other ships in this class. The racial battleship skill also provides a bonus to optimal range, making the Paladin excellent for sniping. When used in conjunction with a Bastion module and Micro Jump Drive, the Paladin's sniping capabilities can render it virtually untouchable while still outputting enormous amounts of damage.
Like other ships of its size, Paladins can sometimes struggle to neutralize frigates. In particular, the Paladin is only able to field a full flight of light drones, so without tracking computers, even cruisers can be difficult for a Paladin to dispatch quickly. As stated above, however, a correctly equipped Paladin is able to utilize a Micro Jump Drive to outrange and snipe any frigates that get too close.
- Advanced Weapon Upgrades V - Together with Energy Grid Upgrades V, this enables the use of the Bastion Module. High levels of this skill also help to maximize fitting options, particularly when fitting T2 weapons.
- Energy Grid Upgrades V - Together with Advanced Weapon Upgrades V, this enables the use of the Bastion Module. High levels of the skill also help to maximize fitting options, as the modules affected by this skill can assist with capacitor stability.
- Micro Jump Drive Operation - This skill enables the use of Micro Jump Drives, which can be used to travel quickly across the battlefield and position the Paladin for optimal sniping.
- Science III - Enables the use of a Small Tractor Beam, useful for pilots who wish to salvage with the Paladin, or simply to pick up faraway canisters containing mission completion items.
- Salvaging - Enables the use of a Salvager. Useful for pilots who wish to salvage with the Paladin. Also a prerequisite for Salvage Drone Operation.
- Salvage Drone Operation - Enables the use of salvage drones. The Paladin is able to carry and launch a full flight of salvage drones while still having room for two flights of light combat drones. This can save a high slot for pilots who don't wish to use a Salvager.
- Large Pulse Laser Specialization / Large Beam Laser Specialization - A pilot capable of flying marauders should ensure that they are able to make the most out of their weapons, and these skills enable the use of T2 ammunition, in addition to increasing the damage of large energy turrets overall.
- Trajectory Analysis - Enables the use of Tracking Computers, which can be used to increase optimal range (for sniping) and tracking speed (to make it easier to hit small ships).
For more info on fittings, please go here
No sub-article about Paladin roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.
You can write additional notes for Paladin here.