RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
The mining barge was designed by ORE to facilitate advancing the mining profession to a whole new level. Each barge was created to excel at a specific function, the Procurer's being durability. With that in mind, the designers could only make space to fit one mining or ice harvesting module. To mitigate the effect this would have on the ship's mining output, they came up with a unique loading system that allows this one module to work at triple efficiency.
Mining Barge bonuses (per skill level):
Of the mining barges, the Procurer has the biggest tank whilst being in the middle for ore hold size and last for yield, thus making the Procurer most useful for mining in austere environments. It may be also noted that this is a good choice to have with a hauler while still having good defense with out a combat ship.
- General mining skills
- Shield skills
For more info on fittings, please go here
- Suicide ganking is a popular play-style and miners are prime targets; cf. Why Was I Ganked? and Suicide Ganking 101 slides
- Mine aligned to a celestial/station for faster warp-out
- Warping out when a non-mining ship enters your belt/anomaly is prudent
- Other mining ships may be scouts for gankers; it is good to know who your neighbours are and put known gankers on your contact list with terrible standing
- If attacked, overload your tank modules
- Mining in a fleet--even just two miners--provides boosts with Leadership skill and Mining Foreman
- It is impolite (and diminishes yield) to mine a rock someone else is already mining: when the rock runs out of ore, the first laser to cycle will get the last ore but the other lasers will continue to cycle (up to 3 minutes) and get nothing
You can add notes here.