Titles within EVE University
|This page is specific to EVE University. Other corporations or groups in the game may operate differently.|
For a summary of EVE University's rules and code of conduct, see EVE University Rules.
Progression Titles are used to show where you are on your journey through EVE University and unlock corporation roles.
These should be distinguised from vanity titles which do not provide any specific roles, and the specific titles of staff.
Checking Your Own Titles
To view your active titles, open up your character's information page. Any titles you currently hold will be listed under your character's name. Here you can see that Promitheas has the Sophomore title!
Progression titles chart a student's progress through the University.
June 2022 - update: To be eligible for any Progression Title in EVE University you need to have your character fully registered in EVE University Alliance Auth
A new student.
- One or more forum posts (Hi & Bye forum included)
- Character has been a member of EVE University for at least 7 days
- Character is at least 31 days old
- Character is fully registered in the EVE University Alliance Auth
- Access to Skillbook Wallet
- Access to the Flight Deck
There are no further requirements for this title; they are a simple set of criteria. If you meet them all, you can apply and will be granted the title. If you do not, please wait until you meet all of the requirements before applying.
A more experienced student who is engaging with the University community in a positive, meaningful way. A Sophomore applicant needs to provide evidence of learning by doing.
- Meets current requirements for Freshman, and holds the Freshman title (now including full registration in Alliance Auth)
- Character has been a member of EVE University for at least 6 weeks
- Player shows recent engagement within the community (examples are meaningful activity via the Forum, Wiki and/or ZKillboard, but does not need to be any of these)
- Access to the Main Hangar
- Ability to post events to the EVE University Calendar
Earning this title is different from the Freshman title: it is not a simple matter of checking the boxes. Progression officers attempt to evaluate your activity and make a decision about whether you have ‘enough’ activity. If we had to boil Sophomore down to one word, it would be ‘participation.’ The Sophomore applicant must demonstrate that they are actively participating in University activities. These activities can really be in almost any aspect of the game. You are strongly advised to add extra detail to your application, especially if your participation isn't obvious from the forum, wiki, discord or killboard.
A fully qualified pilot, recognized for their knowledge of game mechanics and their service to the University. This title takes a higher degree of effort to earn compared to Sophomore.
- Meets current requirements for Sophomore, and holds the Sophomore title (now including full registration in Alliance Auth)
- Character has been a member of EVE University for at least 12 weeks
- Player has demonstrated a mastery of a range of EVE game mechanics
- Player is sharing their knowledge and experience with the EVE University community or gives back to the Uni in a meaningful way such as a staff position or content creation
If the key to Sophomore is ‘participation,’ the main aspects of the Graduate title are ‘mastery’ and ‘giving back’. Mastery should cover a wide portion of experience in New Eden, and giving back can take a variety of forms. Subsequently, Graduate applications may take longer to process than the other progression titles; but be assured this is only a consequence of the more thorough evaluation.
Staff & Vanity Titles
Staff titles, such as Mentor, Teacher, Professor, and a number of Officer titles, denote an individual's role as an EVE University staff member, officer, or director. Other titles (known as "vanity" titles) are just for fun, and are tailored to the individual who holds them. Staff titles are handled by their own departments and vanity titles are awarded through a different process.
Requesting a Title
- Firstly, ensure that you meet the requirements fully (see individual title requirements above), then log in to the Titles Application. Make sure you put your character name exactly as it appears in game, click on the title you want to apply for and fill out the application with as much detail as you can. If you are a returning member requesting a title be reapplied, or wanting a title for an alt, please state this in the application (with your main's name if you're applying on an alt).
- We can only evaluate your application based on the data we can see. If you think that your participation in Uni activities is not well-recorded enough for progression officers to discover through the forums, discord or killboard, etc then you may wish to include a contact or 'reference' that can provide them with more information. Referees must be current E-Uni members with the Graduate title, or Staff/Management. Including a reference is optional. Please make use of the text box on the application form to give us the information that we need.
- It can take some time for a title to be applied due to the various checks that are required for each applicant. Please be patient!
- After your application has been reviewed, you will recieve an evemail from a Progression Officer regarding the outcome. If you hve been unsuccessful on this occasion, you are welcome to try again once you meet the criteria, or give us a reference. If you have been successful, you should find that you have access to the relevant hangar within 30 minutes. The title on your character page needs to be applied by a Director, therefore it can take up to a week to apply, in some cases even longer. Reach out to the Officer who dealt with your application if you don't get hangar access or your title after a week.
If you are joining EVE University on more than one character, then you can apply for the highest progression title that you have earned on any character. If you have earned the Graduate title, only your first character will receive the Graduate medal, but additional alts may receive the Graduate title. Please ensure that you state that you are requesting the title from another character in the application, and give the name of your main.
Frequently Asked Questions
|What is the current waiting time for titles?||This depends on the title and your individual situation as a whole. The individual waiting time may vary between a few hours and up to 14 days.|
|I'm a PvE-focused player (missioning, mining, Incursions, etc.) and my participation in Uni activities is not well captured by the forum or killboard.||These are difficult areas for Titles Staff to evaluate your positive participation. You can list a reference or two that would be able to provide a description of your activities in your application. These references could be mentors, staff, or anyone with the Graduate Title.|
|Why did my application get declined?||The evemail you were sent should tell you why you were declined, so that you know what to do to make a successful application next time.|
|I used to hold a progression title on a character that is no longer in the Uni. I've rejoined the Uni on a different character, can I regain my previous title?||Yes. Please specify your last character's name in your title application, and the title from your last character will be applied to your new one. In the case of Graduate, only the title will be reapplied.|
For any other questions not answered here, you can contact the Intake & Progression Officers.