Titles within EVE University
| This page is specific to EVE University. Other corporations or groups in the game may operate differently.|
For a summary of EVE University's rules and code of conduct, see EVE University Rules.
Please note that all titles are a privilege, not a right, and as such may be rescinded without notice.
Checking Your Own Titles
To view your active titles open your Character Sheet then right click on your character's name and select Show Info, which will bring up your character's information page. Any titles you currently hold will be listed under your character's name.
Please note that the EVE University Titles Department will usually not send any correspondence to inform you of changes to your titles. It is therefore up to you to periodically check if a requested title has been applied or not.
For any other questions not answered here, or by the Titles FAQ, you can contact the Titles Manager. Any questions already answered on the wiki or other public and general announcements will not receive a response.
Progression titles chart a student's progress through the University.
A new student.
- Access to Skillbook Wallet
- Access to the Freshman hangar
There are no further requirements for this title; they are a simple set of criteria. If you meet them all, you will be granted the title. If you do not, please wait until you meet all of the requirements before applying.
An experienced student who is engaging with the University community in a positive, meaningful way. A Sophomore applicant needs to provide evidence of learning by doing.
- Player shows recent engagement within the community (examples are meaningful activity via the Forum, Wiki and/or Killboard, but does not need to be any of these)
- Freshman Title
- Character has been a member EVE University for at least 6 weeks
- Security Status greater than -4
- Have held the Omega clone state at some point
This title is different than Freshman. It is not a simple matter of checking the boxes. Titles Staff attempt to evaluate your activity and make a decision about whether you have ‘enough’ activity. If we had to boil Sophomore down to one word, it would be ‘participation.’ The Sophomore applicant must demonstrate that they are actively participating in University activities. These activities can really be in almost any aspect of the game. For more information, see the Titles Frequently Asked Questions.
A fully qualified pilot, recognized for their knowledge of game mechanics and their service to the University. This title takes a higher degree of effort to earn compared to Sophomore, and many students do not attain it before they decide they are ready to move on to other adventures in New Eden.
- Player has demonstrated a mastery of a range of EVE game mechanics (this can be done via the Forum, Wiki and/or Killboard, but could also be demonstrated in a wide variety of other ways)
- Player has shared their knowledge and experience with the EVE University community
- Sophomore Title
- Character has been a member of EVE University for at least 12 weeks
- Have held the Omega clone state at some point
- Access to the Graduate hangar
- A Graduate Medal
Just as the requirements for Sophomore are rather different from Freshman, so are the Graduate requirements. If the key to Sophomore is ‘participation,’ the main aspects of the Graduate title are ‘mastery’ and ‘giving back’. Mastery should cover a wide portion of experience in New Eden, and Service can take a variety of forms, but both are considered by senior staff when reviewing an application. Subsequently, Graduate applications may take longer to process than the other progression titles; but be assured this is only a consequence of the more thorough evaluation that ensures EVE University Graduates are held to our standards. For more information, see the Titles Frequently Asked Questions.
Staff & Vanity Titles
Staff titles, such as Mentor, Teacher, Professor, and a number of Officer titles, denote an individual's role as an EVE University staff member, officer, or director. Other titles (known as "vanity" titles) are just for fun, and are tailored to the individual who holds them. Both staff and vanity titles are awarded through a different process, and are not handled by the Titles Department.
Requesting a Title
To claim your title, ensure that you meet the requirements fully, then log in to the EVE University Tool using EVE SSO. Once logged in, ensure you have an up to date API registered with the tool and request a title via the titles tab.
Failure to leave a valid API recorded in the tool will result in any title request being rejected.
Only one title should be requested at a time, multiple simultaneous requests will be denied.
As we discuss on the FAQ, we can only evaluate your application based on the data we can see. If you think that there are other factors that Titles Staff needs to consider, or individuals that we should contact regarding your application, please make use of the text box on the application form to give us the information that we need.
- If you rejoin EVE University on a different character, you will not be able to regain your previous title as they do not transfer to your new character. You would need to earn the titles again as if you are a new member.
- When requesting a title you have held in the past, only request the most senior title. Example - If you held Graduate apply directly for Returning Graduate.
- Additionally when requesting a title you have held before you must press the Remove Titles button in the tool so you can request the title again. This simply removes the block that prevents someone requesting a title the tool believes they already hold, it does not affect anything in-game.
- If you wish to include references in your application, please see the Titles FAQ about how to do so properly.
- It can take some time for a title to be applied due to the various checks that are required for each applicant.
If you have read this page and not found a sufficient answer to a question you may have, please read our Titles Frequently Asked Questions page for further information.