The Showdown Invitational was a 6v6 tournament organized by Streamfleet, and took place on January 19th, 2019 on the Thunderdome event server. Four teams competed over a 10 billion ISK prize pool and "The Jin'Taan Trophy of Superior Internet Spaceshipness". The event distinguished itself from the Alliance Tournament ruleset by disallowing remote logistics.
- Four-team single elimination bracket with third place decider match, with random seeding.
- Grand Finals is played as a best of three (Bo3), all other matches played as best of one (Bo1).
- Match victors are determined by most number of ships remaining at the end of round, then largest ship remaining, then most DPS remaining.
The total prizepool for this tournament was 10,000,000,000 (10 Billion) ISK and the "The Jin'Taan Trophy of Superior Internet Spaceshipness" .
|1st||4,000,000,000 ISK + The Jin'Taan Trophy of Superior Internet Spaceshipness|
|4th||Remake Amarr Great. Again|
(adapted from a rules document posted by Jin'Taan.)
- Each team must come up with five preset compositions, each with one ship from each of the following categories:
- T1 Battleship
- T1 Battlecruiser (including Gnosis)
- T1 Cruiser or Mining Barge
- Interdictor, Command Destroyer, T1 Destroyer, or Precursor Destroyer (Kikimora)
- Assault Frigate, Precursor Frigate (Damavik), Interceptor, Pirate Frigate, Navy Faction Combat Frigate
- T1 Frigate or Faction E-War Frigate (Griffin Navy Issue, Crucifier Navy Issue, Maulus Navy Issue, Vigil Fleet Issue)
- A ship can not be used in more than one composition.
- Precursor ships are considered faction for the purposes of this tournament.
- Each team selects one composition to use each round.
- Once a composition is used in a round, it can't be used for the rest of the tournament.
- Teams can ban one of their opponent's compositions each round. Bans do not carry over between matches.
- In the case of the grand finals reaching a third round, all previous bans in that match are nullified.
- The fittings, and layout of these compositions must be sent to the organisers 1 week before the tournament starts.
- The ships of these compositions will then be posted, although the fits will not. The fittings will be shown to the commentary and analysis staff in order to allow discussion and commentary with no hidden information on their part, giving them everything they need to help explain what’s going on - and forecast play plans from both sides.
- No Remote Armor, Shield or Hull Repairers, or Remote Armor, Shield or Hull repair drones may be used, or fit to any ship of a submitted composition.
- The Micro Jump Field Generator may not be used.
- E-War scripts (Damps/TDs) are ONLY allowed to be used on T1 Frigates OR Faction E-War Frigates. Other ships may use E-War, but only without scripts.
- A maximum of 1 Ancillary Shield Booster (ASB) may be fit to any ship.
- Only T1 and Navy Faction drones may be used. ECM drones (EC-300, 600 & 900’s) are banned. All other E-War drones are permitted.
- Only EG-603 or EE-603 implants, or Mindlinks (T2 or Navy) may be used. No drugs may be used.
- Only T1, Meta and T2 mods may be used, and only T1 rigs may be used. Storyline, Faction, Abyssal, Deadspace, Officer, Event and other high meta level items may NOT be fit.
- Ammo is limited to NAVY faction, T2 and T1 variants.
- pre-October 2018 ECM was in effect due to the version of EVE Online on Thunderdome.
- No Triglavian ships were actually available, due to the Thunderdome version predating Into the Abyss.
With the exception of Templis CALSF, teams were formed out of members from various corporations and alliances. The taglines for each team, as written by Streamfleet, are as follows:
Rekking Crew - the terrors of Derelik
Spooky Action - a mix of AT veterans and newer pilots
Remake Amarr Great. Again (alternatively Remake Amarr Great. Reloaded) - a team of streaming All-Stars
Templis CALSF - a team with long tournament pedigree
The participating capsuleers, including the corporation and alliance they were in at the time of this tournament in Tranquility are listed below. Known captains are noted with a (C) next to their name. Players who were not able to be fielded, but were placed on the tournament's final rosters, are listed under the "Unfielded Players" category.
|Bryan Tinker||Deep Axion||Honorable Third Party|
|md5oogle||Trillium Invariant||Honorable Third Party|
|Meiqur Orez||Trillium Invariant||Honorable Third Party|
|Paxom||Seventeenth Battalion||Honorable Third Party|
|RoCkEt X||Hostile.||PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS|
|theelusiveyoda||Death Troopers||PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS|
|Sp3ctr380||Seventeenth Battalion||Honorable Third Party|
|Midmaster||Brave Newbies Inc.||Brave Collective|
|MrWBrown||Hostile.||PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS|
|Stryfe Eltanin||Neutrals In System||Honorable Third Party|
|Blood Ruin||The Kronos Ritual||None|
|ElDiablo DelRojo||Brutor Tribe||None|
|SidTheKid100||New Order Outreach Division||CODE.|
|Vordak Kallager (C)||New Order Outreach Division||CODE.|
|Wild Things||New Order Outreach Division||CODE.|
|Blood Tihr||The Kronos Ritual||None|
|Bowboy686 Renalard||The Kronos Ritual||None|
|Bungo Brown||Parroto Social Club||None|
|Cyclo Hexanol||Stimulus.||Rote Kapelle|
|Havak II||NANO CONSPIRACY||lllllllllllllllll|
|Jabari Gonzalez||Stimulus.||Rote Kapelle|
|Moodida||The Kronos Ritual||None|
|Nyth Hinken||The Kronos Ritual||None|
|W4r Destined||Half Empty||skill urself|
|well memed sir||The Scope||None|
|aria Yatolila||Literally The Worst Community||None|
|Aurianna Komorowski||Wrath of the Caldari Navy||Templis CALSF|
|Damassys Kadesh||Eternal Damnation of the Woken Mind||None|
|Ciaphas Kaine||Imperial Academy||None|
|Gorski Car||Big Krab Hunters||None|
|Mgaati en Daire||Crimson Serpent Syndicate||Heiian Conglomerate|
|Arsia Elkin||PIE Inc.||Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris|
|Hollandaise Sauce||Eternal Blue Sky||None|
|MantelGlobalIndustries||Crimson Serpent Syndicate||Heiian Conglomerate|
|Auroraqual||Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry||Templis CALSF|
|Dale Sturtevant||Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry||Templis CALSF|
|Stalence||Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry||Templis CALSF|
|TheLastSparton||Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry||Templis CALSF|
|ushy Afuran||Nasty-Boyz||Templis CALSF|
|Solidus Obscura||Nasty-Boyz||Templis CALSF|
Round of 4 (Bo1):
Spooky Action 1 - 0 Rekking Crew
Remake Amarr Great. Again 0 - 1 Templis CALSF
3rd Place Match (Bo1):
Rekking Crew 1 - 0 Remake Amarr Great. Again
Grand Finals (Bo3):
Spooky Action 2 - 0 Templis CALSF
- ^ https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/alf3i0/ss1_tournament_vods_and_feedback_thread/ - SS1 Tournament VoDs and Feedback Thread
- ^ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wVF-Fua1gw9DoKRwEKmyiCnhNwKePiE67v21bFZjtxY/ - SS1 Final Rosters
- The Streamfleet Showdown Invitational - Winter Edition - Announcement by CCP Dopamine, January 18th, 2019.
- Replay on Twitch
- Tournament video playlist on YouTube