User talk:Drebin 679
I saw that you are working on an overview of Capital-specific modules in https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/User:Drebin_679/Sandbox_5 THat's a very nice idea as it's a missing page. I want to share some thoughts though. First about the oprganisation, modules like the siege module are already described in detail on the page Dreadnoughts and again on Capital ships. If the stats are changed you would have to change them at three places. My suggestion is give the module its own section in Dreadnoughts and add a page "siege module" which forwards there. In the pages "Capital-specific modules" and Capital ships remove the exact stats. Same for nearly all those modules. This way the page is indeed only an overview page.
You forgot to add the "Jump Portal Generator I" if I see it right. I would also merge the carrier sections into "(Super-)Carriers" and then point out that NSAs can be fitted to both while Burst Projection oonly to supers. That also makes me notice that you don't mention the Fighter Support Unit (FSU) which also can only be fitted to (Super-)Carriers.
I'll have a look at the Capital ships page to maybe streamline it a bit. (atm it's a bit inconsistent.)
- Oh, thanks! I did miss out on both the Jump Portal Generator, the Fighter Support Unit, and the Clone Vat Bay. I'll add those in another edit. Regarding the stat duplication issue, I might try and transclude individual modules from their ship pages, and see how that goes. That way, if a module's stats are changed, only one page has to be edited. Drebin 679 (talk) 14:02, 14 June 2019 (CDT)
- Any plan to release the page from the sandbox? Maybe you could add the titan and super modules to their respective pages. Titans looks very empty and sad. I would like to fill it a bit more but would consider it bad taste to copy your work from your sandbox. That's usually a kind of faux pas. cheers Erwin madelung (talk) 08:29, 27 September 2019 (CDT)
About your changes to the tengu page. Good idea to add the subsystems but the Magnetic Infusion Basin stats are the ones of the covert(?) subsystem atm. I don't have time to check the proper stats right now and check all the other entries. Please recheck those stats. Cheers. Erwin madelung (talk) 15:42, 2 September 2019 (CDT)
- Thanks for catching that Erwin. A copypasta miss that I did. The stats should be correct now. Drebin 679 (talk) 16:04, 2 September 2019 (CDT)
- It still had some stats wrong. I corrected them now. As a tip, create tables in a spreadsheet (excel/google/open office) and then use tools to create the wiki code. You can find such tools easily when using your favourite search enginge. It might also be nicer to have "Additional Base Stats" in one more column instead of merging it with "Role Bonus". Would probably look nicer I might try it later. Erwin madelung (talk) 04:33, 3 September 2019 (CDT)
- I suggest something like:
|Name||Caldari Core Systems bonuses (per skill level)||Role Bonus||Additional Base Stats|
|Augmented Graviton Reactor||5% bonus to capacitor capacity
3% bonus to energy warfare resistance
|20% bonus to ship power output||+2 mid slots, +2 low slots|
+50 GJ Capacitor
|Electronic Efficiency Gate||15% bonus to ship sensor strength
5% bonus to max targeting range
|25% bonus to ship CPU output||+3 Mid Slots, +1 Low Slot|
+1 max locked target
|Obfuscation Manifold||10% bonus to ECM Target Jammer strength and optimal range
15% bonus to the benefits of overheating ECM Target Jammer modules
5% reduction in module damage from overheating
|+3 Mid Slots, +1 Low Slot|
- Erwin madelung (talk) 05:31, 3 September 2019 (CDT)
- Hey Erwin. I finally followed up on your suggestions, and the suggestions that others have made regarding the tables. I have a new set of tables set up for the Loki. https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/index.php?title=User:Drebin_679/Sandbox_2&oldid=14727 is the link to the current iteration of the page. A note though was that the excel table to wiki table tool I found, while useful, tried directly applying the HTML tags to the copied content, meaning I had to take them out of the excel table, and still put them in at the wiki table edit level. That's more an inconvenience than anything, though. I think this format is a general improvement.
- Drebin 679 (talk) 02:53, 27 September 2019 (CDT)
- Hi Drebin. The tables for the loki look ok to me. I also saw what cassiel tried in his sandbox. I can see what he's going for but it seems a bit too complicated. Maybe a full overview table for the T3C site would be interesting?
- Regarding the excel to wiki table tools: It has been a while that I used such tools and I had a look again and can see what you are talking about. You probably used https://tools.wmflabs.org/excel2wiki/index.php where I ran into the same problems like you. Better converters use plugins. I could not find a google spreadsheets plugin although it seems that one existed (see https://wikitableworks.com/wtw/help website looks terrible and google doesn't have the add on available anymore). I also thought that open office/libre office had some form of plugin but could not find it anymore (could also be that I confused that with a converter into latex tables). Anyways the best thing for straight up conversion I could find was on https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Technik/Text/Basic/EXCEL-Tabellenumwandlung/en I didn't try it but I'm confident that it would work fine at least until microsoft excel 2013 what they write they tested. Anyways, the following editor might be more helpful in the end though: https://www.tablesgenerator.com/mediawiki_tables It's a what you see is what you get editor which then transforms into wiki code.
- Erwin madelung (talk) 08:22, 27 September 2019 (CDT)
- Erwin madelung (talk) 05:31, 3 September 2019 (CDT)