"The Ploy" is a reference to the Standings repair guide "The Plan". Currently, the page is called "Get all Empires to 5.0" which may not be descriptive enough for novice capsuleers, but if you call it "Get all Empires to 5.0 Standing" then it is too long to be fitted into, for example, Wiki templates.
- just "The Ploy"
- "Omni 5.0 Standing", which drops the words "all" and "Empires"
- perhaps something else entirely: "Empire's Beloved"?
- The author of the guide has settled on a name. In consultation with User:Chris Halsky I've moved the "Get all Empires to 5.0" page to "The Ploy" page. Arin Mara (talk) 18:14, 21 December 2020 (UTC)
Style and conventions
- lots of lists, tables and images
- I express an idea in as few words as possible
- EVE Online terms and phrases that could potentially link to a Wiki page are Capitalized
This may not be to your liking and also goes against the UniWiki:Manual of Style/Capital letters. However, I'm convinced making EVE Online terms stand out from other words in a sentence is a good pedagogical decision. Arin Mara (talk) 13:52, 21 December 2020 (UTC)
Race not Empire
The word "Race" not "Empire" is a word that collectively refers to the Amarr, Caldari, Gallente, Jove, and Minmatar.
- Empire is correct. See for example the character creation screen. General Rambling (talk) 16:39, 21 December 2020 (UTC)
- You are absolutely right and I thought so too, but when I search the internet for "EVE Online Empire" I can find no mention of Empires. However, what I can find is Races of New Eden when I search for "EVE Online Races". The same applies for this Wiki: there are Races but no Empires. Then again the term empires is prominently displayed on the Factions#Empires. I'll continue to use the the word Empire. Thank you so much :) Arin Mara (talk) 17:30, 21 December 2020 (UTC)