These skills are important for anyone who uses missile launchers. Training missile skills will be key for most Caldari combat pilots, but some Minmatar and Amarr ships use missiles too, as secondary or even as primary weapons.
Perception and Willpower are important for perfecting your skill at missiles.
The following are the skills in the Missiles section (in alphabetical order):
- Auto-Targeting Missiles - Use and operation of Auto-Targeting Missiles
- Bomb Deployment - Use and operation of bombs used by Stealth Bombers.
- Citadel Cruise Missiles - Use and operation of capital sized Cruise Missiles.
- Citadel Torpedoes - Use and operation of capital sized Torpedoes.
- Cruise Missile Specialization - Allows use of T2 Cruise Missiles.
- Cruise Missiles - Use and operation of Cruise Missiles.
- Defender Missiles - Use and operation of Defender Missiles.
- Guided Missile Precision - Increased damage to small targets.
- Heavy Assault Missile Specialization - Allows use of T2 Heavy Assault Missiles (HAM).
- Heavy Assault Missiles - Use and operation of Heavy Assault Missiles (HAM).
- Heavy Missile Specialization - Allows use of T2 Heavy Missiles.
- Heavy Missiles - Use and operation of Heavy Missiles.
- Missile Bombardment - Bonus to missile flight time (increases range).
- Missile Launcher Operation - Basic missile skill and bonus to rate of fire.
- Missile Projection - Bonus to missile velocity (increases range).
- Rapid Launch - Bonus to rate of fire.
- Rocket Specialization - Allows use of T2 Rockets.
- Rockets - Use and operation of Rockets.
- Light Missile Specialization - Allows use of T2 Light Missiles.
- Light Missiles - Use and operation of Light Missiles.
- Target Navigation Prediction - More damage against fast moving targets.
- Torpedo Specialization - Allows use of T2 Torpedoes.
- Torpedoes - Use and operation of Torpedoes.
- Warhead Upgrades - Increased damage to all missiles.
These skills are generally not needed to fit hardware (there are a couple of exceptions, which are noted) but support missile deployment and maximise damage. Increasing the level in any of these skills will increase your proficiency with missiles.
Missile Launcher Operation
Guided Missile Precision
Rockets and light missiles
Rockets and light missiles are generally fitted to frigates (sometimes cruisers) and are best for dealing damage to frigates.
Light Missile Specialization
Heavy Missiles are the bigger brother versions of Rockets and Light Missiles. These can be fitted to cruises and battlecruisers. They deal greater damage than Rockets and Light Missiles however are most effective against larger vessels such as battlecruisers and battleships and not very effective against frigates.
There are two main types: Heavy Missiles and Heavy Assault Missiles. The Assault variation can inflict more damage however has a greatly reduced range relative to Heavy Missiles which can have great ranges (50+km).
Heavy Missile Specialization
Heavy Assault Missiles
Heavy Assault Missile Specialization
Cruise Missiles and Torpedoes
Cruise Missiles fit to battleships and--like Heavy to Light--have a greater damage output but are effective against bigger ships such as battleships and capitals.
Cruise Missiles are guided whereas Torpedoes are not. This is a disadvantage of using Torpedoes however there DPS is generally greater than Cruise Missiles.
Cruise Missile Specialization
Citadel Cruise Missiles and Torpedoes
Similar to Cruise Missiles and Torpedoes however are fitted to Capitals.
Citadel Cruise Missiles
Bombs are fitted to Stealth Bombers and can inflict great damage.
Auto-Targeting Missiles do not require one to target an enemy. Once launched, Auto-Targeting Missiles will target the nearest enemy.
Defender Missiles are used to defend against incoming enemy Missiles. Defender Missiles will intercept enemy Missiles in flight and destroy them.