NPC naming conventions
- The main part of the name indicates the ship class (e.g. frigate, destroyer, cruiser...).
- The prefix or suffix indicates if the rat is a Commander or an Elite ship
- Commander Ships: Inflict greater damage and have a better range than a regular rat of the same class.
- Elite ships inflict greater damage, have a better tank, a higher chance of Stasis Web and Warp Scramble than a regular rat of the same class. Additionally, they have a higher probability of attacking your drones.
- Every ship also has a "flavor name" (e.g. Ambusher, Raider, Reaver...); all the ships of a given faction, class and role have roughly similar stats and abilities.
Note: This does not mean that only Elite ships can tackle you, it only means they have a higher chance of doing so. This information is intended to give you a general feel for the Rats you'll be facing in missions, for specific information on rats you'll need to look at mission walkthroughs.
Note: Rogue Drones are the only Faction with a ship class lower than Corvette (like a drone for a drone), this Drone is called an Apis.