User:Terra infector adoudel/Wormhole Campus
- This page is intended as a sandbox for the WHC wiki. Nothing on this page is official policy, for that please consult the current page.
- 1 Mission
- 2 Background and Overview
- 3 Leadership
- 4 What do I need to join WHC?
- 5 Joining the WHC
- 6 Living Out of a Can
- 7 Using the POS
- 8 What Can I Do in WHC?
- 9 Services
|Life in wormholes|
|EVE University specific|
The wormhole campus is a section of EVE University dedicated to educating students about wormhole life. It is currently based out of a C2 wormhole with both a highsec static (allowing easy access to kspace for classes and logistics) and a C3 static (for ISK making and PvP opportunities).
In-Game Chat Channel: WHC.E-Uni
Mailing list: WHC.E-Uni (accessible only to approved campus members)
Wormhole Campus aims to provide students with an opportunity to experience W-Space life with all its challenges and opportunities.
Background and Overview
WHC had other previous iterations. Some archaic wiki pages can be found of these older installations.
In Summer 2012 talks among management were initiated to re-open the unfortunate W-Space Campus. In October the final decision to go forward was made and WHC began preparation to open it's doors once more. WHC found a live-able system and erected a POS toward end-November and currently resides in a C2 W-Space system with a high-sec and C3 static. All eligible unistas are welcome to join.
What do I need to join WHC?
Ships to Bring
Important: Due to the dangerous nature of PvE and PvP in w-space, and the mechanics of Ship Maintenance Arrays allowing access to all ships in storage, any ship and pod brought into the campus is to be considered lost or stolen. Do not fly what you can't replace.
The below are merely suggestions for being useful during your first few weeks in system without investing too many resources in the endeavor. Once you are more comfortable with day-to-day operations and better understand the risks involved, you may consider bringing in more specialized or expensive ships and equipment.
- T1 Exploration Frigate equipped with a probe launcher and a prototype cloak. There are a selection of these stocked in the hangar fully fitted.
- Covert Operations Frigate equipped with an expanded probe launcher and a covert ops cloak.
- Battlecruiser or Cruiser with appropriate T2 tank, weapons system, cloak and probe launcher.
- Bring modules and rigging for a buffer tank, preferably armor since most PvE and PvP activities are done in armor fleets.
- The Rookie's Guide To Fleet Ops
- Fleets 101
- Fleets 102
- Fleet Terminology
- Bookmarks - Important
- Directional Scanner Guide - Very Important
- D-Scan 102
- Wormholes 100
- Wormholes 101
- Wormhole Scouting
- Scanning & Probing - Important
- EVE University Rules of Engagement
Recommended Skills & Ships
These skills are highly recommended if you plan to stay. They provide an adequate skill base for exploration and PvP.
- Battlecruisers III
- Astrometrics IV
- Astrometric Rangefinding III
- Astrometric Pinpointing III
- Salvaging III
- Sleeper Battleships require IV. Note that salvage rigs increase salvaging efficiency by one skill level each.
- Hacking III
- Codebreakers in Radar sites
- Archaeology III
- Analyzers in Magnetometric sites
- Covert Ops IV
- For more versatile fits
- Your choice of well fitted out PvP ship
Joining the WHC
As wormholes are relatively high-end content and the trust based mechanics there is an application procedure and some minimum requirements. While it has never needed to be implemented, there is a chance (due to limited space for the storage of ships and equipment) that the campus will not be accepting applications at the current time until the infrastructure will continue to go up increasing our maximum occupancy.
- Fill out this form
- Join WHC.E-UNI chat and ask to speak with a WHC Liason about your application.
Living Out of a Can
Since there are no stations in W-Space, you will have to store your items in a Secure Cargo Container. You can set a password on these, effectively making sure that the contents can't be stolen. Your ships will have to go into the communal Ship Maintenance Array or stay inside the POS shield. This means that all your hulls might be stolen, so faction fitting that Tech 3 cruiser of yours might be a little too tempting to some.
Do not get your can stuck in the CHA! You may think to bring in your can unassembled, and then try to assemble it in the CHA before taking it out to anchor it— DON'T. Assembled cans in the CHA require someone with campus permissions to remove, and odds are good that's not you, and the act of assembling it will then mean you can't remove it. Instead, make sure to assemble your can in a station in k-space, and then bring it in and anchor it.
Using the POS
If you steal you'll be quickly added to the Departed list followed by a swift kick out of the University.
- Ensure that the CHA and the SMA have space for the assembled hull.
- Drag ship from hauler into accessible tab within the CHA.
- Right click and select assemble
- Drag ship from the CHA into the SMA
What Can I Do in WHC?
We always want as much of the chain scanned as possible. Everything in W-space needs to be scanned down. Probe the chain, scout new connections, observe our neighbours, picket a hole if you are not doing anything. Do not sit at the POS and wait for stuff to happen, content (both PvP or PvE) is created by you. Here's a guide!
Run sites! This is the main income stream for wormhole dwellers. Bacon often has anomalies that can be run with 2 logi (T1 or T2) and battlecruisers.
Wormhole PvP often consists of baiting or ganking pilots who are not paying enough attention to d-scan. Combat probing and d-scan are vital parts of this. K-Space roams onto unsuspecting nullsec or lowsec dwellers can also be good for entertainment.
Loot Hauling & Selling
Camp leadership operates a loot hauling and selling service. You will be payed later but you won't have to haul loot through wartarget riddled K-Space. WHC takes a 5% cut for operational costs and distributes the rest based on income.
To make use of this service your salvager should learn how to use the spreadsheet linked in the standing fleet and drop acquired loot into the labeled can in system.
- Please fill out this form to gain access to the loot spreadsheet.