AIR New Player Experience
"Meet the Association for Interdisciplinary Research (AIR), a new technology-focused organization making a splash on New Eden's corporate landscape. AIR's main goal is the pursuit of scientific knowledge through a variety of research and development endeavors. One such endeavor is the AIR Capsuleer Training Program, a project designed to help pilots achieve their dreams of becoming the best and brightest Capsuleers in New Eden."
AIR New Player Experience is a tutorial available after Character Creation that teaches brand new capsuleers about New Eden.
You will learn:
- basic Camera controls
- how to use the Selected Item interface
- how to use the Overview interface
- how to Approach, Orbit and Lock Target
- how to use and what Turrets, an Afterburner and ECM modules do
- what happens when your Capsule is destroyed
- how to use the Fitting, Inventory and Skill Plans
- about Skill Points, Skill Injectors and Skillbooks
You will meet:
- Aura, your trusty AI companion
- Ballin Ferrus, Commander of AIR Security
- Vesper Calytrix, AIR's Vice President of Operation
To advance the tutorial, either complete the objective or click "Next" or "Continue" button.
Find a Ship
- Rotate and zoom your Camera to locate a Ship, an Astero.
- Left click the highlighted Ship.
- Using the Selected Item interface, click Approach. Your Capsule will start flying towards the Astero.
- Once you are in range, click Board Ship. You will take control of the damaged Astero.
Ballin Ferrus, Commander of AIR Security, has arrived with a civilian transport fleet. Join them and evacuate to a rendezvous point.
- Click on Ballin Ferrus' Ship in the Overview interface. Click Approach.
- Once near, Ballin will boost your Shields and repair your Armour. Wait until the fleet enters and then exits warp.
- Select the Anomaly, then click Approach.
Defend the Fleet
A hostile fleet will attack the civilian transport fleet. Defend them as best as you can.
|3 x Frigate Hostile Frigate|
|1 x Cruiser Hostile Cruiser|
|2 x Battleship Hostile Battleship|
- Select Ballin Ferrus' ship, then click Orbit.
- Select the Hostile Frigate, click Orbit. Left click to active the Afterburner module.
- Once near, click Lock Target. Left click both Turret modules to open fire.
- Select the Hostile Cruiser, Orbit, Lock Target and use the Stasis Webifier module to slow it down. Left click both Turret modules to open fire.
- Select the Hostile Battleship, Orbit, Lock Target and use the Multispectral ECM module.
- Die! The Hostile Battleships will destroy both your Ship and your Capsule.
A New Clone
After your Capsule is destroyed, you will wake up in a new Capsule in your Home Station. Vesper Calytrix, AIR's Vice President of Operation, will help you get back on your feet: equip a module, train Skills and travel to meet the Career Agents.
- Click Board my Corvette in the Station Services Panel to board a new Ship.
- Open your Inventory by clicking the Inventory button in the NEOCOM. Here you can see what Ships and Items you have stored in the Station.
- Open up your Item Hanger to see the Small Armour Repairer I module.
- Open your Fitting interface. Here you can see your Ship statistics. Drag-and-drop your Small Armour Repairer I module from your Item Hanger to an empty Low Slot in the Fitting interface.
- The Small Armour Repairer I module is grey. Bring it Online by clicking on it in the Fitting interface.
- You do not have the Skills required to activate the module. Fear not because a Skillbook has appeared in your Item Hangar. Hover over it and click Inject Skill to learn it.
- Open your Skill interface, then open the AIR Skill Plan, then finally click Add skills to training queue
- Click Apply Skill Points and Confirm to quickly learn the new Skills. This process is called Skill Injection.
- Go back, close the Skill interfaces and click on the grayed out Small Armour Repairer I module in your Fitting interface to Online it.
- Close the Fitting and Inventory interfaces.
- Open your Agency interface. Here you can see just some of the opportunities New Eden has to offer. Click Agents and Missions, then Career Agents, then Set Destination.
- Your destination is just a few jumps away. When ready undock your Ship by pressing Undock.
- Click the highlighted yellow Stargate, then click Jump.
- Continue Warping and Jumping until you reach your destination. Once there, click Dock to enter the Station.
- Open your Agency interface again. Click Start Conversation and Accept the Career Agent Mission.