Mordu's Legion

From UniWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Mordu's Legion is a frequent opponent when running missions for factions that dislike Mordu's Legion Command, including the Minmatar Republic, the Gallente Federation, The Syndicate, and most other pirate factions. They fly Caldari-based ships.

Mordu's Legion is a minor faction in New Eden. It was formed by military mastermind Muryia Mordu after the Waschi Uprising, when he took many of his disenfranchised, former Intaki troops - who had been expelled from Kamokor - under his wing. Their first action involved putting down the uprising that had resulted in their expulsion. They performed this task quickly and efficiently, establishing a trustworthy reputation of being an elite mercenary group that has remained to this very day.

Contents

Background

Mordu's Legion is a mercenary corporation that operates outside Caldari and Gallente space, hired by respectable companies such as ORE to protect their operation. Originally the members of the legion were mostly Intakis and Caldari, but lately they've started accepting members from most races.[1]

Controlled Space

Mordu's Legion controls only one constellation, U-7RBK in Pure Blind. They have one station, in the 5ZXX-K system, with a variety of L1-L4 agents.

The Legion has set up home in Pure Blind and now operates as a professional mercenary outfit. While losing their long-standing contract with ORE during the latter's recent hostile takeover by the Serpentis was a blow, Mordu's Legion is still very much a force to be reckoned with. It is a notable feature of their professionalism that the Legion does not perform training tasks itself, expecting new recruits to have prior combat experience.

Ships

Mordus Legion ships use kinetic missiles and hybrid guns; thus, they do kinetic and thermal damage. They are weakest to kinetic damage, and are all shield tankers. -Anjur

Battleships

   Mordus Phanti : Scorpion type bs, wraith and scourge missles 
   Mordus Sequestor: Raven type bs, Scourge torpedo 
   Mordus Gigamar: Scorpion type bs 
   Mordus Mammoth: Raven type bs, Scourge torpedo, heavy tank 

Cruisers

   Mordus Bobcat : Weakest Mordus cruiser; lowest DPS and worst tank.
   Mordus Cheetah : Fast, uses light missiles - they approach at 1,000+m/s and orbit at 2,500m, so hit them on the approach if you are in a ship with poor tracking. Cheetahs are only slightly tougher than Bobcats, but do about fifty percent more damage.
   Mordus Leopard : Mediocre dps, but strong tank - typically low-priority.
   Mordus Lion : Strongest Mordus cruiser, with the highest dps and toughest tank.
   Mordus Puma : High dps, but a weak tank. 

Frigates

   Mordus Bounty Hunter : Interceptor-type frigate, this ship moves at 450+m/s in orbit, and has a MWD. Has high DPS for a frigate-class ship, and a decent tank. Has a 90% chance to web, and a 10% chance to use 1 point of warp scrambling. High priority. 
   Mordus Gladius : Strong frigate class rat, fairly high dps. 
   Mordus Katana : Slightly less dps than a Gladius, slightly better tank. 
   Mordus Rapier : Mediocre frigate rat. 
   Mordus Rookie : Weak frigate rat, no threat. 
   Mordus Sabre : Weak frigate rat

[1]

Organization

At first the Legion accepted only citizens of the Caldari State, but today they accept members from any race, as long as they are not known enemies of the Caldari State. Still, a majority of their members are Caldari origin and their leaders are all Caldari, including their current CEO and founder Muryia Mordu.

The Legion does not train its members, so they are expected to be experienced fighters before they apply for membership in the Legion. Members of the Legion get access to high-tech Caldari military equipment, even prototype weapons to test out, and are guaranteed plenty of employment if they so wish.

Non-Caldari that have served in the Legion for a long time are offered Caldari citizenship on their retirement.[2]

After putting down the Waschi Uprising, the Caldari offered to fold the Legion back into the Caldari Navy, but the Legion declined.

Caldari Ties

The Legion retains close ties with the Caldari State, and its leadership remains Caldari, though members of all races are welcomed in its ranks, so long as they are not known enemies of the State. The State allows the Legion access to high-end Caldari military gear, and long-serving members of the Legion who are not State citizens are commonly offered Caldari citizenship upon retirement.

History

The origin of Mordu's Legion lies from the First Gallente-Caldari War, when a group Intaki military personnel sided with the Caldari. They joined the Caldari in the fight against the Gallente Federation. The Intakis were put into a separate unit with a Caldari officer named Muryia Mordu. Muryia was a brilliant young officer, and unlike his fellow compatriots who were extremely xenophobic, was one of the more open-minded Caldari. He immediately took a liking to the Intakis and vice-visa.

Together, they formed one of the more revered fighting units in the Caldari Navy during the war. After the war the Intakis were offered cheap land and accommodations in Waschi City on the planet of Kamokor IV. However, radicals came to power and pushed the Intakis off the planet. The Intakis came to Muryia Mordu for assistance to stop the redicals. He agreed and later suppress the uprising

After the Waschi Uprising, Mordu's Legion became a trusted mercenary corporation with close ties to the Caldari State. Since then the Legion has set up home in Pure Blind and operates as a professional mercenary group. Mordu's Legion became a long time employer to ORE in charge of protecting the ORE's property against piracy at the hands of Guardian Angels and others. They also provide security services to many groups.

In July YC 106, ORE's CEO Orion Mashel came out in public to meet with Muryia Mordu. The meeting lasted two hours until Muriya left upset. Afterwards, Mordu employed many of his ships and recalled Legionaries from on leave, and ships in dry-docks were put into service with no explanation from Muryia. He led a task force that infiltrated Serpentis space to a chemical refinery orbiting the second moon of Serpentis Prime VIII, where he halted his forces and sent a device out. They quickly left without further confrontation. In August, Mordu's task force was pinned down by Guardian Angels forces led by Brynn Jerdola and Setele Schellan and forced into combat. However the Guardian Angels were defeated and Mordu escaped back to their territory. For whatever the reason, it was considered a success by Mordu's Legion and ORE.

In June YC 107, relations between Mordu's Legion and ORE deteriorate due to personal issues between leadership. Finally Mordu's Legion lost their contract with ORE during a hostile takeover by the Serpentis. Though it was a blow to Mordu's Legion, it is still a force to be reckoned with. In September, Mordu's Legion needed to relocate their forces in ORE space as a result of losing their contract to ORE. This movement was put in the hands of Lieutanent Amlerik, however local pod pilots and Mordu ships suffered casualties. It was speculated that Lieutanent Amlerik Raun was at fault for the recent loss to Mordu's shipping. It was rumoured the lieutanent was demoted and replaced by another officer. Though in December, Colonel Akuras, as a result of the relocation, was transferred from his command of the Fifth Dreadnought Night Stalkers Task Force to the Pure Blind Fleet. Colonel Akuras had promoted Lieutanent Amlerik Raun to captain for his excellent service to the Legion and given him command of Fifth Dreadnought Night Stalkers Task Force. The newly promoted Amlerik Raun, despite his failures in the relocation, was to serve as the replacement for the Colonel as the new commander of Fifth Dreadnought Night Stalkers Task Force .

In YC 109, the seasoned Legionary, Colonel Akuras was given a vessel from the Caldari Navy referred as only Flagship. The ship was christened "Honour" and will be under the direct command of Colonel Akuras. Colonel Akuras's actions were to improve the overall strength of the Legion in Pure Blind region.

In YC 110, the Legion didn't actually participate in any of the fighting in the Second Gallente-Caldari War, but their rapid response and clear willingness to get involved has earned them additional friends within the Caldari Navy and the Megacorp security forces. Additionally, recruitment activity has spiked as soldiers from both the Federation and the State quietly joined the Legion due to their dissatisfactions with their leadership. Though it has return to normal operational status, rumours about Mordu and his lieutenants are in the war room and adding large amount of encrypted data into their strategic mainframes hints at more.

By YC 112, Mordu's Legion is providing security services to Intaki systems that are under Caldari State control.[2]

Links

References

  1. ^ Cite error: Invalid <ref> tag; no text was provided for refs named eveinfo
  2. ^ a b http://eve.wikia.com/wiki/Mordu%27s_Legion
Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
EVE University
Toolbox