Social skills provide modifications to your standings or rewards from NPC corporations. They are of most value to mission runners but are also of use to those seeking access to specific services from NPC controlled corporations and factions. (lower costs for reprocessing/refining, Trading...)
As you do missions for NPC corporations, your standings with them will go up. As you do storyline missions, your faction standings will change for the faction a particular NPC corporation is part of.
Gaining faction standings via storyline missions or data center missions carries "Derived Modifications", meaning that standings will also go up with friends of that faction and down with enemies of that faction. For example, raising your faction standings with the Gallente Federation will also raise it slightly with the Minmatar Republic while lowering it slightly with the Caldari State and Amarr Empire. The reverse also being true - raise Amarr, lose some Gallente faction standings. (Epic Arc mission chains do not carry derived modifications; they only affect the standings of one faction, depending on mission choices made during the epic arc.)
These changes are where some of the social skill effects come into play. Others are specific to mission runners.
Increasing the Charisma and Intelligence attribute scores increases the rate at which Social category skills are trained.
The social skills affect 3 different areas of your interactions with NPC corporations:
Standings Modifiers (all modifiers are per level trained)
- Social - 5% improved standings gains for all missions with NPC corporations.
- Diplomacy - 4% effective standings increase with NPC corporations you have negative standings with.
- Connections - 4% effective standings increase for NPC corporations that you have positive standings with.
- Criminal Connections - 4% effective standings increase for NPC corporations that CONCORD does not like (that is, the NPC pirate organizations). (Does not stack with Connections or Diplomacy; only the strongest valid effect applies.)
- Fast Talk - 5% bonus to effective security rating increases. (CONCORD sec status)
ISK Reward Improvements
- Negotiation - 5% improved ISK payout from agents (per level trained).
Loyalty Point Reward Improvements
Loyalty Point (LP) reward improvements are broken down by corporate divisions. All are 10% gains, per level trained, in LP rewards while working for an agent from their specific division.
The following are the skills in the Social section (in alphabetical order):
|Connections||Boosts standings from NPCs (agents, corps, and factions) if above 0.0 standing.|
|Criminal Connections||Boosts standings from NPCs with negative CONCORD standing.|
|Diplomacy||Boosts standings from NPCs if below 0.0 standing.|
|Distribution Connections||Improves loyalty point gain when working for Agents in the Distribution Division.|
|Fast Talk||Faster security standing increases.|
|Mining Connections||Improves loyalty point gain when working for Agents in the Mining Division.|
|Negotiation||Increases ISK rewards offered by mission agents|
|Security Connections||Improves loyalty point gain when working for Agents in the Security Division.|
|Social||Boosts the size of standings increases with NPCs, NPC corporations and NPC factions|