RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
The Caldari Ibis corvette is a small but stout vessel that fits admirably well as a cargo hauler or small-scale miner. Its reliability makes it a good choice for novice ship captains.
The Ibis is the Caldari Corvette. This ship is given free of charge to Caldari players who, whilst in in their capsule, dock at a station in which they have no ships. It has no blueprint and can not be manufactured or reprocessed.
As with all Rookie Ships, the Ibis is a cheap and disposable hull, but is outclassed in every regard by almost any other player-piloted ship. Caldari pilots wishing to advance into different hulls may want to upgrade to one of the following depending on their preferred piloting style:
- Pilots focusing primarily on missiles weapon systems may find the Kestrel to be an effective replacement.
- For pilots more interested in hybrid turrets, the Merlin is a good choice.
- For pilots looking to work with a fleet in a tackle role, the Condor is likely your next step.
- For pilots aspiring to be proficient at exploration, the Heron exploration frigate is an excellent tool for the job.
- Pilots interested in repairing other ships in battle should take a look at the Bantam.
- For pilots looking to support fleets by disrupting the enemy's ability to target other ships through Electronic Warfare, the Griffin is a useful ship.
Further information about additional or recommended skills to pilot Ibis for a specific or it's common role(s) can be written here.
For more info on fittings, please go here
No sub-article about Ibis roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.
Non-Caldari ship collectors can obtain a copy of this ship by visiting a Caldari starting station and completing Aura's tutorial missions, or it can be obtained via contract from another player. Ibis is sometimes preferred as an extremely cheap ECM boat because of its 30% ECM strength bonus.