RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
The Velator class corvette is one of the older vessel types in the Gallente fleet. It was first deployed on the market as a fast passenger craft but the extra passenger quarters were later modified into weapon hardpoints as the newer models came to be used for small-scale security and military duties. The Velator is still a very solid mining and trading vessel.
The Velator is the Gallente Rookie Ship. This ship is given free of charge to Gallente players who, while flying the pod, dock at a station at which they have no ship. It has no blueprint and can not be manufactured or reprocessed.
As with all Rookie Ships, the Velator is a cheap and disposable hull, but is outclassed in every regard by almost any other player-piloted ship. Gallente pilots wishing to advance into different hulls may want to upgrade to one of the following depending on their preferred piloting style:
- Pilots focusing primarily on Drones may find the Tristan to be an effective replacement.
- For pilots more interested in Hybrid Turrets, the Gallente Incursus is a good choice.
- If you are looking to work with a fleet in a tackle role, the Atron is likely your next step.
- For pilots aspiring to be proficient at exploration, the Gallente Imicus-class exploration frigate is an excellent tool for the job.
- If you want to support fleets by using Sensor Dampeners on the enemy ships the Maulus is a useful ship.
- Last but not least, the Navitas offers powerful remote repair capabilities to those who prefer to aid their allies instead of dealing damage themselves.
The Velator is meant to be flown right from character creation - as such no real skills are "required" to pilot it, and by the time you've trained some early skills, you'll likely have acquired several better ships through the career agents.
For more info on fittings, please click here
No sub-article about Velator roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.
Non-Gallente ship collectors can obtain a copy of this ship by visiting a Gallente starting station and completing Aura's tutorial missions or it can be obtained via contract from another player.