RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
The Impairor-class corvette has been mass-produced by the Amarr Empire for decades. It is the most common space vessel sighted within the Amarrian boundaries, and is used both as a basic trade vessel and as a small-scale slave transport.
The Impairor is the Amarr Corvette. This ship is given free of charge to Amarr players who click on the "Board my Corvette" button while docked in a station. It has no blueprint and cannot be manufactured or reprocessed.
As with all Corvettes, the Impairor is a cheap and disposable hull, but is outclassed in every regard by almost any other player-piloted ship. Amarr pilots wishing to advance into different hulls may want to upgrade to one of the following depending on their preferred piloting style:
- Pilots focusing primarily on Energy Turrets may find both the Punisher and the Tormentor to be effective replacements.
- Sadly, the Amarr ship line does not offer a Frigate hull designed for drone usage. For pilots interested in focusing on drones, the Tristan frigate or the Dragoon destroyer may be worth looking at.
- If you are looking to work with a fleet in a tackle role, the Executioner is likely your next step.
- For pilots aspiring to be proficient at exploration, the Magnate exploration frigate is an excellent tool for the job.
- Last but not least, the Inquisitor offers powerful remote repair capabilities to those who prefer to aid their allies instead of dealing damage themselves.
Further information about additional or recommended skills to pilot Impairor for a specific or it's common role(s) can be written here.
For more info on fittings, please go here
Fleet Up Fittings
For more info on fittings, please click here
Non-Amarr ship collectors can obtain a copy of this ship by visiting an Amarr starting station and completing Aura's tutorial missions. Alternatively, it can be purchased from the market or obtained via contract from another player.
Ironically, Corvettes can be used for very important engagements. While not much of a threat in the field and without any tank, the Impairor can be Alpha'd (destroyed in one shot). The Corvette can, however, be a very shiny enemy fleet's worst nightmare. Reason being its ability to hold a cyno and hot drop an entire allied fleet upon it. Beware if you are traveling with a fleet and you see a Corvette on grid with you. Try your best to blap it out of the sky (if it's a valid target) immediately or scatter. You don't want your entire fleet to be destroyed because this ship put you in a comfortable state.