RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
In YC 113 Republic Security Services learned the Amarr Empire was building a new battlecruiser capable of supporting battleship-class weapons. Determined to not lose their technological edge to their adversaries, Republic Fleet commissioned Boundless Creation to construct a gunboat to match.
What they designed was the Tornado. Developed in record time and total secrecy, the Tornado is a testament to Minmatar engineering. Modeled loosely on flying-wing designs of ancient planetary bombers, the Tornado supports multiple large projectile turrets, dealing massive damage while maintaining a small signature radius.
Minmatar Battlecruiser bonuses (per skill level):
5% bonus to Large Projectile Turret rate of fire
5% bonus to Large Projectile Turret falloff
95% reduction in Large Projectile Turret powergrid requirement
50% reduction in Large Projectile Turret CPU requirement
Base Time to Warp
Base Time to Warp is essentially the time needed for this ship to align and accelerate until it reaches 75% of its top speed and goes to warp. The time displayed here is the base calculated time with no account for any warp related skills, modules or any other effects.
Light Fighter Squad Limit
Heavy Fighter Squad Limit
Support Fighter Squad Limit
Frigate Escape Bay
The Tornado was made to do one thing and one thing only: blow the ever loving crap out of anything that is unfortunately preoccupied with other threats. Like other attack battlecruisers, this ship is all gank and no tank. This naturally leads many to fit it for 200km+ sniper combat, since even a couple of cruisers or a small frigate wolf pack can tear it apart rather quickly. The Tornado is thus often fitted with 1400mm Artillery and used to deal massive alpha damage, in similar style to the Maelstrom.
Further information about additional or recommended skills to pilot Tornado for a specific or it's common role(s) can be written here.
For more info on fittings, please go here
The Tornado is a popular gatecamping ship. Dual-boxing it and a Scythe fit for both shield repair and remote sensor boost (to boost the Tornado's scan resolution and lock time) is one of the most common setups for a solo gatecamp.
Additionally, the high alpha of the Tornado makes it extremely popular for suicide ganking. Because an artillery Tornado does extremely high damage with a long cycle time, the response speed of CONCORD does not affect how much damage it will do and it can easily one-shot many ships.
The tornado design was the winner of create a starship contest.
|A long, long time ago...
October 2019 Release - 2019-10-15.1
Every Cruiser, Battlecruiser and Battleship now warps faster than before.
- Warp Speed increased from 2.7 AU/s to 3.5 AU/s (+0.8 AU/s)
Odyssey 1.0 Released on Tuesday, June 4th, 2013
- Minmatar Battlecruiser Skill Bonuses: +5% to large projectile turret rate of fire and +5% to large projectile turret falloff.
- Slot layout: 8H, 5M, 4L; 8 turrets , 0 launchers.
- Fittings: 1000 PWG, 342 CPU.
- Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 1890 / 1800 / 1800.
- Capacitor (amount / recharge rate) : 2700 / 675s.
- Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 225 / .475 / 15228000 (+1128000) / 10s (+.7s).
- Drones (bandwidth / bay): 0 / 0.
- Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 60km / 230 (-20) / 6.
- Sensor strength: 17 Ladar.
- Signature radius: 195 (+25).
- The Oracle, Naga, Talos and Tornado Racial Battlecruiser requirements have been reduced from 3 to 1 as part of the Tiericide initiative.
Released on Tuesday, December 4, 2012
- A small geometry gap in the Tornado was repaired
|show advanced ships