RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
Interceptors utilize a combination of advanced alloys and electronics to reduce their effective signature radius. This, along with superior maneuverability and speed, makes them very hard to target and track, particularly for high caliber turrets.
Gallente Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
The Ares previously held the title of Fastest Fleet Inty, but in Rubicon this is no longer the case. The Ares shares a 4/3/3 slot layout with the Malediction, allowing it to fit a good speed fit, only slightly slower than the Malediction's. It still has 3 mids to fit two tackle modules or a tackle module and tank module for a fleet fit.
The Ares is competent at its role, but has no really distinguishing features. The Malediction is generally superior with the same slot layout, being slightly faster and having a more flexible weapon system.
Recommended skills: (Medium)
- Interceptors IV ***It is highly recommended NOT to fly any Interceptor before your Interceptors skill is at least 4***
- Capacitor Management IV (important for capacitor stability)
- Capacitor Systems Operation V (important for capacitor stability)
- Thermodynamics IV (important for sustained overheating of MWD or Point)
- Shield Operation III
- Mechanics IV
- Jury Rigging III
- High Speed Maneuvering IV (important for capacitor stability)
For more info on fittings, please click here
No sub-article about Ares roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.