RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
Despite widespread disappointment within the State that Caldari researchers fell behind their counterparts in the Empire and Republic during the second wave of sleeper-derived weapons development in late YC116 and early YC117, the quality of their end result cannot be denied.
The Jackdaw is a versatile and powerful combat vessel, combining cutting edge advancements in missile and shield technology with the incredible breakthrough of the Self-Assembling Nanolattice to produce a ship that any Caldari pilot can be proud to fly.
Caldari Tactical Destroyer Bonuses Per Level:
SummaryThe Jackdaw is the Caldari Tactical Destroyer, released in Carnyx. It is the 3rd Tactical Destroyer released, after the
- Caldari Tactical Destroyer should be trained to IV to take advantage of the DPS and quality of life buffs that come with each additional skill level.
- Rockets, or Light Missiles to V. Light Missile Specialization or Rocket Specialization to at least I to fit T2 Launchers, which do more damage and are substantially cheaper than meta 4 variants, along with providing the ability to use T2 ammo types.
- Missile Launcher Operation, Rapid Launch, Warhead Upgrades, skills which increase DPS and are thus vital to all missile-based damage dealing ships, should all be trained to at least IV.
- Furthermore, Missile Projection and Missile Bombardment to at least IV and ideally V to maximize the range at which all missiles travel.
- Guided Missile Precision and Target Navigation Prediction to at least IV to combat smaller targets - which is an often occurrence when piloting the Jackdaw.
It should be noted that the Jackdaw is used in WH and lowsec space, so having scanning skills in order to more effectively use the expanded core probe launcher may be considered:
- Astrometric Acquisition to III or IV
- Astrometric Rangefinding to III or IV
- Astrometric Pinpointing to III
For more info on fittings, please go here
No sub-article about the Jackdaw roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.
The Jackdaw was released in June 2015 in the Carnyx patch. The Tech 3 destroyers were given staggered releases from December 2014 to July 2015, with the order determined by players donating items to Empire NPCs. The Caldari received the third most donations, and had their Tech 3 destroyer released third.