RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
As the makers of the Charon, the Caldari State are generally credited with pioneering the freighter class. Recognizing the need for a massive transport vehicle as deep space installations constantly increase in number, they set about making the ultimate in efficient mass transport - and were soon followed by the other empires.
Caldari Freighter bonuses (per skill level):
The Charon has the highest cargo capacity of any freighter in the game, being able to carry 1,204,741 m³ of cargo at Caldari Freighter V when fit to maximize cargo. Caldari freighters with Caldari Freighter IV can hold more than any other freighter, even with their respective freighter skills trained to V, so if you want to carry massive amounts of materials, the Charon is the way to go.
Since Freighters cannot fit any high or mid slot modules, if you want to focus primarily on flying freight there are only a handful of support skills that will matter.
- Mechanics V - Adds Structure (Hull) hit points.
- Hull Upgrades V - Adds Armor hit points.
- Evasive Maneuvering V - Increases ship agility (time to align).
- Navigation V - Increase sub-warp velocity.
- Warp Drive Operation V - Decrease capacitor use per jump.
- Shield Management V - Increases shield capacity.
- Shield Operation V - Reduces shield recharge time.
- Tactical Shield Manipulation V - Reduces shield damage penetration when shields are less than 25%.
- Caldari Industrial III - Prerequisite for Caldari Freighter.
- Spaceship Command V - Prerequisite for Caldar Freighter and 2% agility boost per level.
- Advanced Spaceship Command V - Prerequisite for Caldari Freighter and 5% agility boost per level for ships requiring Advanced Spaceship Command.
- Caldari Freighter V - Maxes out Charon cargo capacity and velocity.
Not absolutely necessary, but helpful:
- Cybernetics IV - Allows +4 implants for faster training, allows for Warp and Align implants to improve both.
- Infomorph Psychology IV - Allows for Jump Clones.
- Infomorph Synchronization V - Reduces time between Jump Clone jumps.
- Contracting V - Allow creation of more than one contract at a time.
For more info on fittings, please go here
No sub-article about Charon roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.
You can add notes here.