RELATED UNI-WIKI REFERENCES
Mottled, dark red, and shaped like a leech, the Cruor presents a fitting metaphor for the Blood Raiders' philosophy. Designed almost solely to engage in their disturbingly effective tactic of energy draining and stasis webbing, this ship is a cornerstone in any effective Blood Raider fleet - and could play an intriguing role in more standard ones.
Minmatar Frigate bonuses (per skill level):
The Cruor combines the Minmatar love of webs with the Amarr love of neuts with its bonuses. It is almost always armor fit so that the mid slots can be split between prop/tackle/web. Note that the neut bonus is to neut amount and not neut range, so you will still have to close to within 6km or so of your target to be effective. Once you get within neut range, however, any small ship should be quickly relieved of its cap, shutting off tackle mods, some guns, and any active repair/hardeners. With the rebalance changes in the Kronus patch removing the draining restrictions from vampire modules, they have become more popular than neuts in pvp fits. Because neuts drain more total capacitor energy than vampire modules however, neuts remain situationally useful.
- Amarr Frigate (2x) to at least IV to take advantage of the Cruor's large 15% bonus to Energy Vampire and Energy Neutralizer drain amount that comes with every extra level in the skill.
- Minmatar Frigate (2x) to at least IV to take advantage of the Cruor's large 10% bonus to the velocity factor of stasis webifiers that comes with every extra level in the skill.
- With the expense of the Cruor it is highly recommended to have T2 Tank (generally Armor rather than Shields) and T2 Small Energy Turret with supporting Gunnery skills.
- Capacitor Emission Systems (2x) is the prequisite skill for Neutralizers (commonly refered to as Neuts) and Energy Vampires (commonly refered to as Nos). It's also the only skill that directly impacts the effectiveness of capacitor warfare modules (although it only effects neuts).
- Capacitor Management (3x) and Capacitor Systems Operation (1x) give better managment of your own cap allowing you to be more effective at eliminating your opponents.
- Propulsion Jamming will aid cap stability when using stasis webifiers, allowing pilots greater freedom when fitting.
For more info on fittings, please go here
No sub-article about Cruor roles or piloting tactics. You can write them here.
For more information about capacitor warfare and other capacitor warfare using ships see the Capacitor Warfare Guide.